• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry at P@H

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
I just called P@H to complain about the fact they sold me an old bunny, (Russel) and did they give two hoots??? Of course not!! Blinking :censored:!!!!! So angered up now. Can I go to Headquaters???

No they told me he was 8weeks when he wasnt... He passed away last weekend and I am devestated we only had a year together!! :cry::cry:

How do you know he was older than a year? Rabbits can die suddenly at a young age, did you have a PM performed?

He was fully developed when I bought him and the vet told me he didnt look like a year old rabbit. His coat etc gave them clues.

Sadly the problem with buying livestock from places like Pets at home is that they can never be sure what age the stock is they are selling either. They get their stock from breeders and I swear that sometimes an old small bunny is passed off as a young rabbit just to get rid.

I think its highly unlikely that P@H will do anything. I am very sorry for your loss and hope that if you do get another rabbit you would consider a rescue as they are honest about the age and condition of rabbits and if they don't know then they tell you.

x

I am already in the process of rehoming one - maybe two (if I can talk o/h into it) abandoned bunnies... And have one that was abandoned at 6 weeks old, I now have him!! Poor Baby!! Then I have a dwarf lop that was rehomed!! :)

Unless he was about 7years old when you bought him I doubt he died of old age. He may not have been 8weeks old but some buns mature at 12weeks and it's very hard to tell a buns age so for your vet to speculate it is literally just that - speculation.

Unless he was about 7years old when you bought him I doubt he died of old age. He may not have been 8weeks old but some buns mature at 12weeks and it's very hard to tell a buns age so for your vet to speculate it is literally just that - speculation.

I agree with What Chloe has said and the other point is, p@h wouldnt hold onto a rabbit that long in the store;):lol::lol:

Well Skid, our bunny from P@H certainly wasn't 8 weeks old when we got him, but I was aware of that and fell in love with him anyway.

Unfortunately we had to say goodbye after 14 months due to him becoming very ill, partly because he had pasturella which he had since he was at P@H which weakened his immune system. Poor bunny. I've learnt my lesson about pet shop rabbits the hard way. :cry:

But I was told he arrived that day.

He could of well arrived that day but as we all know, the staff do not know their axact age when they arrive so they say 8 weeks as that is the legal age inwhich an animal can be sold but doesn't mean to say he wasn't 10 weeks old or 6 weeks old ;) The thing is, he wouldn't of been older than 12-14 weeks on the shop floor as they are housed by sex so most of the males would start to fight and hump ;) Also, they will not allow 1 bunny left unsold in a pen for months on end as they would be unable to take in more stock and refill the pens with baby buns;);) so I doubt he was an oldie bun;)

:cry:Hmmm... He called me back but didnt seem so sure... He said the way they judge bunnies age is on their weight!! Thats terrible, a fat 6week old bun could be sold as an 8 week old!! Oh the stress!!

I still dont see the problem. You bought a rabbit which may have been a few weeks older than you were lead to believe. Does a few weeks really matter??

I can understand you're angry if they sold you an ill rabbit, but how relevant is the age? Presumably you went to a pet shop and picked out a rabbit you liked the look of, isnt that a good thing :D

It's sad he died but at least you had that time with him and he with you.

Scary reading this to think that a shop could potentially sell you the wrong age/ and or lie about it! :shock:

I bought my bunny a week ago from Pets at home. ...

She was sold to me as an 8 wk old bunny...:roll: so now I'm not sure how old she is...
The Manager who sold her to me and the nurse at the Vets both couldn't actually sex her as she was too young - except to say they both thought it was a girl.. and said to get her checked again when she has her vaccinations. I'm hoping that because they couldn't sex the bun, that she really is a young one rather than an old one.

I love her to bits and learning lots very quickly, but it's interesting to hear that I could actually own an old male :shock:

Back