• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fleas from cats to buns?

vicky206

Mama Doe
went round our friends yesterday he has a lovely young girly cat called angel i always cuddle her when i go round she is such a loving cat and jumps on me as soon as she notices me! i think she may have fleas though and was wondering if she has can these fleas affect buns?

if they can anyone know a good treatment for buns as a precaution?thanks guys :wave:

went round our friends yesterday he has a lovely young girly cat called angel i always cuddle her when i go round she is such a loving cat and jumps on me as soon as she notices me! i think she may have fleas though and was wondering if she has can these fleas affect buns?

if they can anyone know a good treatment for buns as a precaution?thanks guys :wave:

Yes rabbits can catch fleas from cats, but it's unlikely they would have hitched a ride to your house, so you'll probably be ok.

There's a spot on treatment you can get from the vet, Advantage I think, that you can use on rabbits.

Yes cat fleas can live on rabbits. Mine has had cat fleas and so had my friend’s rabbit. Keep checking. If you see your rabbit chewing him/herself take your rabbit to the vet for treatment.

I wouldn't give unnecessary chemicals to your rabbit so check your rabbit for fleas first. If you find some, then treat, but don't treat a rabbit that doesn't have fleas.

Back