• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We got him out for the first time :)

Zorro

Warren Scout
We got Zorro out of his cage for the first time last night :D

We opened the side door & put a makeshift ramp up against the side, I fed him a treat & then tried to lead him out with another treat but he was a bit timid & wouldn't come right out of the door :rolleyes:
He kept poking his head out, then going back in, so I left a treat on the ramp, just far enough away for him to have to come out the door to get it but he just couldn't pluck up the courage.
This went on for about 10mins, we kept stroking & tickling him, which he was happy with, he didn't run into his little hidey hole or anything.
I then thought I'll just pick him up, so I did, he was a little nervous for the first 30 seconds, but I gave him a tickle & offered him a treat & he sat nicely & seemed to be quite content :D
I then put him down & let him have the run of the back room, he was very slowly examining things at first but after about 10 mins he was hopping about all over the place, sniffing here, sniffing there, climbing, hopping, nibbling. He was in his element, pooped loads all over the place (probably been saving them up for this event!!!! lol).

Well I'm happy to say he was a happy little bunny & had plenty of fun.
His full adventures are on his Bunspace blog :roll:

Last edited:
Ahh - I bet you were really pleased. There's nothing like having a bunny start to trust you. It took me a long time with Bella because she hates being picked up. She still isn't pickupable but I now have her cage on the floor and she hops in and out herself.

Did Zorro do the funny bunny walk? Tarquin does this when he's exploring somewhere new - he doesn't hop but walks and it looks so cute. :D

No funny bunny walk but I know what you mean. lol, forgot they did that :lol:

He was hopping but it was a tiny hop to start with but once he got his confidence up he was zipping about all over the place.

Oh & my fiancee, Kim said it far outweighed our son, Jack's first steps :roll::lol::lol:

No funny bunny walk but I know what you mean. lol, forgot they did that :lol:

He was hopping but it was a tiny hop to start with but once he got his confidence up he was zipping about all over the place.

It's great to see them charging around isn't it? My two aren't bonded yet (I'm trying a slow bond at the moment) but they both get some real speed up. Tarquin is a really tiny rabbit and he's like a speeding bullet - one minute he's in one place and the next he's somewhere else - it frightens the cat a little as he's so fast. With Bella being so much bigger you can't miss her bombing past you.

Oh & my fiancee, Kim said it far outweighed our son, Jack's first steps :roll::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zola sounds like a train is going past the house when he charges about its so loud!!! wispa is half the size but charges a lot more, its funny if u get in her way :lol::lol:

hehe
I can't wait until Zorro gets his confidence up & comes out all the time, so he's motoring about all day long!!!

It'll be like he's doing bombing runs when he drops his little parcels as he races past!!! :lol::lol::lol:

the pooing should stop he's just marking his territory!

Mine are both almost 100% litter trained - they've got litter trays in all the rooms they have access to - but since I started the slow bond this week on the landing and bathroom they are both pooing all over the place. I'm hoping this will stop soon - their litter trays are empty of poos at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol: Though thankfully they are still weeing in their litter trays :D

Awww, you guys reminded me of when Olliver used to do the funny bunny walk.

He loved cat biscuits but knew it was really naughty. Whenever he was funny bunny walking towards the kitchen I knew that he was heading for cat biscuits! I'd only have to stand up and he would run in the opposite direction.

Awww, you guys reminded me of when Olliver used to do the funny bunny walk.

He loved cat biscuits but knew it was really naughty. Whenever he was funny bunny walking towards the kitchen I knew that he was heading for cat biscuits! I'd only have to stand up and he would run in the opposite direction.

Lol, that is so cute :lol:
He must be a cheeky chappy!

the pooing should stop he's just marking his territory!

Yey, Zorro came out again last night, he hopped out on his own:D
He had a good play for ages, didn't poop once, laid down a few times, then hopped back in his bed!!! Woohoo, what a good bunny :D:D:D

Back