• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girlie Spay Day - not the best news.

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
Rosie and Hollie are to be spayed today.

Am somewhat nervous as Rosie is so timid and Hollie is so tiny.

Any spare vibes would be most appreciated.

Then they have to be re-introduced to Herbie.................... so wish us well.

Vanessa xx

(PS I am off to have my womb inspected this morning with a camera, will take my mind off the bunnies but not an appealing prospect!)

Last edited:
Try not to worry,I had Beatrix done last month,she is tiny and sometimes shy and naughty,as her main mission in life is to escape and dig holes.5 weeks on and she is really calm and happy and loves her Husbun Norman and doesnt annoy him anymore;).She recovered well and quickly and i brought them both inside for a week to keep an eye on them.
This time tomorrow they will be home and safe and it will be all over:D

Jackie

Rosie has been spayed and I think is doing OK.

Little Holly didn't react well with the anaesthetic so Caroline the vet had to bring her round without spaying her. She is so tiny compared to her sister so wonder if there is an underlying issue. Caroline has suggested trying again in a couple of weeks but I am not sure if this is the best thing to do. She is so small and vulnerable. :(:(

Hopefully we can pick them up later. Am wondering whether to split the girls for tonight to give Rosie some healing time alone. Herb has been missing them I think.

Am also wondering how a trio of Herbie and two girls, one of whom is not spayed might work out. Hollie has been the humping queen over the last two days. :(

Think we need to take one day at a time.

Any advice would be welcome.

Vanessa xx

I haven't got any advice, but hope Holly will be ok and Rosies recovery goes well :)

I probably wouldn't split the girls up as it will be hard to get them back together again...

I agree with Mandy, if you can keep them together, the important thing is to monitor Rosie's eating and pooping to make sure she is getting back to normal. It will be easier bonding wise to reintroduce the two girls to the boy than the girls to each other.

Sorry to hear Hollie has had a bad reaction. I had a foster bunny who needed treatment under GA and she stopped breathing, the vet managed to bring her round. About 4 weeks later she went under again for spay, she stopped breathing again but beacuse my vet had experience of the last time, she was ready for it and managed the op and bring her round. I think my vet reduced one of the types of GA and increased the other.....:? Don't rule out that she may be able to be spayed.

Good Luck x

Thanks for the replies.

The girls are back home and Holly is back to normal and being busy digging.

They have both nibbled at some hay and dried herbs and Holly has pooped.

Herbie was most unconcerned at their arrival and has accepted them (touchwood) with no problems.

Rosie is on her own at the moment in the cage so we can watch for some poops. The other two are are in a pen around the cage so they are all in contact. We will obviously keep an eye on them all evening.

Vanessa xx

Back