• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please spare some vibes for Inky's X-Ray today U/D

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
Hi:wave:!

Please spare some vibes for Inky on Friday, he will probably be having an X-Ray to try and find out why he is still limping. He is currently on Metacam and has just started on Glucosomine but is still not right on his front paw.

I'm just worried that if anything does show up, it will be untreatable because it has been going on for so long (since December).

Me and Smokey just want him hopping on all 4 paws again.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the vibes.

I feel so sick at the moment, I'm not sure what worries me more, Inky not coming round or that they may find something they can't treat :cry:.

I'm also terrible at the vets when they have a GA, I always cry when I leave them, everyone must think I'm mad and I'm sure it upsets the bunny too.

Last edited:
I took Inky to the vets this morning and I've had to leave him there for his X ray:cry:.

The vet examined him before they admitted him and she said that she is going to X ray him herself (she loves him so I know she will take care of him). She is also going to clip some of his fur away, to see if she can find anything in his paw or any evidence of a puncture wound.

I've given him a packed lunch of his favourite hays and some dried food. It just broke my heart when she took him through to the isolation room where they put the small animals (so at least it will be quiet), he looked so lost. My mum came with me, so that helped and even my friend who doesn't like rabbits has asked me to keep him updated with how he gets on. Smokey is a bit quiet but I've given her some dried strawberry leaves and she is still eating.

Hopefully, they will ring me at about 2pm, until then me and Smokey have just got to be brave.

The vet has rang me to say that she can't find anything really wrong with his paw and there were no breaks:). The only thing she could find was that where his dew claw would have been, if he was a dog or a cat, it was a bit swollen, which may mean he has hurt it somehow.

Although the vet said she was disappointed not to be able to give me a better diagnosis of the problem, I'm actually quite relieved. I was terrified that he had broken his foot and that it had now healed up badly, leaving him with a permenant limp.

He's has come round from the GA and I can pick him up after 3pm. I'm going to keep him inside tonight with Smokey (who hasn't come outside all day:(), in a dog crate in the hall.

Thank you for all the vibes, they really have been a comfort.

FC xx

The vet has rang me to say that she can't find anything really wrong with his paw and there were no breaks:). The only thing she could find was that where his dew claw would have been, if he was a dog or a cat, it was a bit swollen, which may mean he has hurt it somehow.

Although the vet said she was disappointed not to be able to give me a better diagnosis of the problem, I'm actually quite relieved. I was terrified that he had broken his foot and that it had now healed up badly, leaving him with a permenant limp.

He's has come round from the GA and I can pick him up after 3pm. I'm going to keep him inside tonight with Smokey (who hasn't come outside all day:(), in a dog crate in the hall.

Thank you for all the vibes, they really have been a comfort.FC xx

Awwwww I am glad there were no breaks. Did the Vet think he may have an infection where his 'dew claw' used to be ?

Janex

No, I don't think the vet thinks he has an infection there, more that he has managed to catch it and when he hops he's putting pressure on it. She has said for him to stay on Metacam for the moment and see if I can reduce the dose over time. I'm also going to try keeping him on soft flooring for a while, to see if that helps.

He came home just after 3pm and although he was a bit groggy to start with, he's been eating and pooping. He and Smokey are tucked up in their dog crate, enjoying a night inside the house.

Back