• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable mesh for bottom of a run

montyflossy

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:
One of my pairs of rescue bunnies hate being picked up - poor little Scoot hates even being touched!
I am going away for 2 weeks this summer, that coupled with the traumatic time scooty has every day going in a carrier to his run has led me to the decision I must add to my happy hutch collection and buy one for them!
I have used all my patio space so will need a combo on the grass that I can move around (was thinking maybe the 5ft with run under that Elve? has) both bunnies are nethie size and will be allowed out when I am here. But, I NEED to mesh the bottom somehow. Suki digs loads and if they will be in it as their home rather than just a run it needs to be Suki proof and predator proof!
Any suggestions? Basically need something that won't hurt their little bunny feet but will be strong enough and fairly long lasting. Can't concrete the remainder of the lawn, oh would be very upset :lol:
Cheers me dears!

Don't know if it's the right answer, but we have 1"x1" weldmesh stapled into the bottom of the run - our two seem to get on fine with it either on the patio or the grass (I won't say 'lawn').

If you weren't planning on moving them around, you could take up the top layer of turf, put the mesh under with edges sticking out, relay the turf & fasten the edges to the run so they're still safe but they don't have to put their feet on the mesh. We were planning to do this but the grass is so poor we need to keep moving the run around to avoid bog/weeds etc, plus it's a rented house.....

Hi Kate! No, come to think of it I would not call ours a lawn either. More of a boggy, bumpy, bunny dug, poopy patch of grass! :lol:

The house next to ours fell down whilst they were building it (20 years ago mind you) so our garden was full of bricks which we burried under the turf along with chicken wire so that the bunnies could still dig but only about a foot down before hitting with either bricks or mesh.
You could try that if you don't mind a bit of digging and temporarily recking your lawn.

Back