• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which would you buy?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
If your buns loved SS and gobbled it down but a 2kg ish bag was about £7 would you get this or A&P which is £6 for a 20kg bag which they aren't that fond of but will eat it. Also A&P has a higher fibre content but goes off too quickly to use the whole bag.

They'be been on A&P for about 3 months now but they just don't seem that fussed so I'm considering swapping back to SS even tho is expensive.

Helen x

I'm faced with the same dilemma. I'm seriously considering transferring mine onto A&P, knowing that I won't use it all, but in the long run even with the stuff I won't need (will hopefully be donating the rest to some rescue bunnies) it will be a lot cheaper (I'm paying nearly £20.00 for SS, though as they're on such limited amounts the bag I started in October is still only half used). But T can be a fussy eater (Bell will eat anything) and I'm worried I may get some and he won't eat it. I suppose I have to try and for £6 it's not like I've lost a lot if it doesn't work (and I'm sure it won't go to waste).

I think if I were you (and it's what I'll be doing when I try it) I'd go back to SS. :D

Last edited:
If you only have 2 I would stay with SS. All mine love A&P though. Maybe it's cos we starve them. :lol:

Well think i'll be heading to the petshop tomorrow to get them some SS then! I can go fetch it easily when we need it too rather than travelling for an hour to the farm shop!

Unless you've got bunny friends or lots of rabbits yourself might as well use SS and the savings won't be enormous, and if they prefer it ;)! Having said that I've not tried A&P, or rather I've not tried it on the rabbits, so I've nothing really to compare it to!

Hannah

Sorry for being dumb but what is SS & A&P????

It's obviously some form of food or brand but without even knowing what the product is, I'd always go for what makes my bunny happiest, as long as it wasn't unhealthy or out of my budget :D

I disagree...I'd defiently give them A&P- it's just as good a food, if not better it's higher fibre. In a way I think it is better if they don't love the pellet food- it encourages more hay eating.

See if you can share a bag with someone locally? Or give half to a rescue? Even throwing some away it saves you a lot of money.

Back