• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobs Mystery Illness - Solved?

Doncat5

Mama Doe
Well, much to mine and my vets shock, Bob seems to be almost fully recovered from the worst case of bloat possible (fingers crossed)! After doing some foul smelling soft poos, I got in yesterday to find Bob eaing his pellets and a 'string' of normal poos, held together with, what looked like, thin twine. Obviously I went in to do a full 'poo investigation' and discovered it was held together with longish black hair, twisted..... it was Bobs own fur?????

He was definately feeling much perkier as he'd even flung off his foot bandage (for his broken toe).... then it suddenly dawned on me!!!! OMG.... the first day he had his foot bandaged, he chewed all around the top, I even mentioned getting a collar on him to see if he'd leave it alone.... but he hadnt touched it since. He didnt eat the plaster, but he left himself with a bald patch on his leg, at least the size of a 10p piece, the fur was never found.... he mustve eaten it all!!!!!!

It would definately explain things, the timing is right and a blockage that moved, may allow him to appear to recover for a few hours, but then bung him up again.... I'm as sure as I can be, which is a relief as it means he hasnt got some cancerous growth inside but I'll be watching the little 'darling' like a hawk.... he could still be poorly but ,I'm hoping with all the meds and pineapple juice he's had a good clear out.

Bob's not really a chewer, and has never eaten anything he shouldn't, but just goes to show, you can never be too careful.

Thank you to everyone for all the 'get well vibes' and support. :)

Bob wont be having his foot re-bandaged! :lol:

Last edited:
Oh goody! I'm so glad he's better, naughty bunny.... don't eat your fur :no:

Must say I'm pleased it's not just me that does poo investigations :oops: Bobbin did a strange shaped one yesterday, I opened it up and think I may have found a piece of carpet in it!! :no: Naughty bunnies!

Well done, Bob!! And well done you, Hawk Eyes!! :D :wave:

oooh how wierd and flukey :shock: hopefully he'll be fine now - he must be as tough as an old boot to pass that :)

This is the problem I have with Holly, she has lots of tume prbolems and it's always from over grooming Dylan. phew thankfully he's poo'd it out :D

Here is a pic :lol:

S4020470.jpg

Here is a pic :lol:

S4020470.jpg

Thats a fine specimen you have there! :lol:

That looks very similar, only Bobs was a bit longer and a 'single strand', as apposed to a fetching cluster. I've just gone and had a look at Bobs old chewed leg bandage and I think he may have had a tiny bit of that too, hard to say but it wouldnt suprise me..... he was literally the shape of a football. I was tempted to take some pics at the time, as he looked so abnormal, but felt bad taking a pics of a 'dying' rabbit.....lets hope thats the end of things!

Thats a fine specimen you have there! :lol:

That looks very similar, only Bobs was a bit longer and a 'single strand', as apposed to a fetching cluster. I've just gone and had a look at Bobs old chewed leg bandage and I think he may have had a tiny bit of that too, hard to say but it wouldnt suprise me..... he was literally the shape of a football. I was tempted to take some pics at the time, as he looked so abnormal, but felt bad taking a pics of a 'dying' rabbit.....lets hope thats the end of things!

Yeah I know what you mean, I nearly lost Holly last week too (seperate thing to the poo above) she swelled right up really bad too, I was breaking my heart when I left her at the vets. When they swell up like that it's soooo bad, I lost Marley like that and I really thought Holly was going to go too.

Thank Goodness Bob is ok, lets hope neither of us ever have to go through it again :love:

So glad he's feeling better and you've found an answer :D

T quite often has stringy poos and has had a few funny tummy episodes. Now he's started grooming Bella I hope he doesn't take too much fur in :shock:

Oh my goodness, the piccie of that poo is incredible.

Am pleased to hear Bob is better and poos are back to normal!

Vanessa xx

Back