• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommendations for fancy hay, treats or toys

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
It's not often that my buns get spoiled, so I want to buy something nice for them with this months wages.

Can people recommend anything that their rabbits particularly enjoyed??

I already have willow toys and jingle bells to keep them entertained, and one of those green tunnel thingys.

Cheers in advance

Amy

Oh um, I like to just buy loads of herbs and stuff them in mini cereal boxes or kitchen roll tubes in with hay. They seem to like throwing them around to get to the herbs :D
A kong is cool to stuff with herbs/pellets/veggies too and it rolls around funny so it makes them have to work out how to roll it right to get the treat.

Oh um, I like to just buy loads of herbs and stuff them in mini cereal boxes or kitchen roll tubes in with hay. They seem to like throwing them around to get to the herbs :D
A kong is cool to stuff with herbs/pellets/veggies too and it rolls around funny so it makes them have to work out how to roll it right to get the treat.

What sort of herbs do you get?

Rosemary, thyme, coriander, parsley and mint from supermarket. I take lavender from the garden as thats all thats left growing in my garden this time of year!
Coneflower (Echinacea) and blackberry leaves they adore too which you can buy from petstores.
Ive just bought a new herb seed growing pack so im going to sow them this week!:D

I've found dried raspberry leaves always go down well!
and fresh coriander..

oat hay is good as a treat..nice and coarse too

I've found dried raspberry leaves always go down well!
and fresh coriander..

oat hay is good as a treat..nice and coarse too

Yes my little local petshop sold the raspberry leaves for a while, she stocked all sorts of nice herbs and leaves but stopped selling them recently as I think I was the only one buying them :(

Arthur loves Excel Herbage - the write up says - Excel Herbage is an extra tasty timothy hay with herbs and is a delicious source of good quality, sweet smelling, long fibre suitable for all small animals. Dandelions are good for urinary tract health particularly in rabbits; marigolds contain lutein which has natural anti-viral properties to help support a healthy immune system, both of these are added to this hay.

Arthur loves this stuff and its his special treat. He loves Clover leaves too but when the weather is like this I stick with the Herbage.

Arthur loves Excel Herbage - the write up says - Excel Herbage is an extra tasty timothy hay with herbs and is a delicious source of good quality, sweet smelling, long fibre suitable for all small animals. Dandelions are good for urinary tract health particularly in rabbits; marigolds contain lutein which has natural anti-viral properties to help support a healthy immune system, both of these are added to this hay.

Thanks, just ordered some of that! My bun has been poorly this week with a low white cell count so doing all i can to get stuff for a healthy immune system before next blood test. May not help but at least its some different things for them.

The gnaw stones nsold by the hay experts went down well with Lex and Mav, they also like the grassy balls which I stuff with forages. Mav has since eaten his ball but Lexie's is still intact.

They both enjoy eating their seagrass mats too.

Mine love Oxbow Oat Hay, Alfalfa Hay, Dried Grass, Herbs and Hay cubes. Think the dried grass is their favourite at the moment tho. I've bought them willow and hazel sticks but they don't seem that fussed they'd rather have a piece of cardboard!

I also give them a small plant pot with some newspaper at the bottom, then some herbs, a few pellets and then newspaper stuff in the top so they have to pull it out to get to the stuff inside.

They do like those carrot rolls you can get too from the naturals range.

Spoilt?!? Never!

Ah Sooz has reminded me..seagrass mats..you can get a set of three seagrass baskets with lids from Ikea..about 4-5 pounds I think..Ange kindly buys them for the buns now and then

Ah Sooz has reminded me..seagrass mats..you can get a set of three seagrass baskets with lids from Ikea..about 4-5 pounds I think..Ange kindly buys them for the buns now and then

Do they still sell those, I used to buy them but haven't been able to find any for ages in my local Ikea thought they'd stopped selling them :(

Back