• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you give your bunnies anything other than water to drink?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Just wondering?
I was just thinking how I get bored with drinking water all the time so the bunnies probably do as well! So do you give them anything else to drink?

Well they do like a sherry on a Sunday........... JOKE!!

No, my Buns only get boring old water to drink. I do use Camomile and Spearmint Tea and Blackberry and Nettle Tea for syringing into Buns who are Anorexic

Janex

Well they do like a sherry on a Sunday........... JOKE!!

No, my Buns only get boring old water to drink. I do use Camomile and Spearmint Tea and Blackberry and Nettle Tea for syringing into Buns who are Anorexic

Janex

Ahh I thought i had read somewhere about camomile tea!

Just water is fine and natural for animals. The amount rabbits drink depends on what fresh food they are getting, so if you feed more fresh veg they'll drink less water.

Tam

Just water is fine and natural for animals. The amount rabbits drink depends on what fresh food they are getting, so if you feed more fresh veg they'll drink less water.

Tam

I am thinking of them too much like humans :lol::lol:

Nothing but water, but if I had concerns the bun was ingesting too much fur I would give it some pineapple juice. As a medication though, not as a drink!

Mine never have water, they have beer...so that's why they're acting so funny?....

No really. Just water. In the summer they have ice though:lol: With apple pieces in it!:rabbit2:
Or to quote a pic I took last summer:
Why_is_the_rum_always_gone_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

"Why is the rum always gone??"

Mine just get water too. My house boy is on probiotic water and I think the garden bunnies secretly brew dandelion wine :lol:

From the way my two have been binging about this morning, I think they have a secret supply of hooch somewhere!! But I only give them water. Have recently found the Gloria likes a dish better than a bottle, so have one out in their compound for them as well as the water bottles.

Just water, as per my usual stinginess they are not allowed anything that contains unnecesary carbohydrates.

Mine are only given water, perhaps weak camomile tea for sick bunnies.
But they have been known to sneak the odd sip of whatever we're drinking, particularly tea or anything alcoholic. Little boozehounds!

Just water because that's what bun's tums were designed to cope with. If any have to have abx I add a probiotic though.

Tam

thats not true for my little moe ! he eats like a horse and drinks tons ! if he's not eating he's drinking ! :roll:

thats not true for my little moe ! he eats like a horse and drinks tons ! if he's not eating he's drinking ! :roll:

Aroma does that too, might be because she eats so much hay, eating such dry food makes you thirsty:lol: She doesn't get that much fruit and veggies during the winter...I just throw in whatever I can find in the fridge that can be bunny-food...and we're not a very vegetable-loving family:roll: Now a days most vegetables that are bought are bought as rabbit food:lol:

Back