• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Can people list the bonding preparations etc please...

im hoping to be bonding in a couple of weeks Lilly with a boyo... and want some tips so that it doesn't fail... the room will be white vinegared and will be doinf the run too the nite before... the buns won't be having thier free time in the front room for the few days before we go see him...
xxx

My tip is to have stuff ready to seperate a fight. I find chucking a towel at them works for me. Have stuff in there to distract them too.

When new boy arrives, make sure they 'meet' on neutral territory. Can you create temporary hutch / run or part of your house which neither of them identifies as 'their' territory? Leave them (supervised) in this space until they get used to each other. If they start scrapping, I find a water spray is good - the sort you use for house plants - even a fine mist usually works. Seperate them, keep them apart and try again the next day.
good luck;)

We have that problem too, Lola has been everywhere in this house. We are taking her to be bonded with Rory at the weekend and Sooz said that i should clean the house really well when we drop her off and then again when we go to pick them up.She said that febreeze is the best thing to cover all the areas that Lola has been i.e. furniture etc. and cleaning all the toys in soapy water:D

what i was going to do was bleach the floor afew days before we go...

lilly is going to Sue's Rabbit Rescue in dewsbury to be introduced and then if they get on he will be coming home with us...

before the day aswell we will white vinegar it...

im going to use double the bleach cleaner...

i hope thats enough x

hey sarah iv always found the banna trick really good, just put a bit on each of the buns head and iv always resulted in lots of grooming, oh iv pm you just want to ask you something :wave:
good luck with the bonding

Back