• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do u expect hutch to last?

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I am mad,i got my hutch and run at new year then last week hubby made the run bigger so i could sit in it with Norman and Beatrix and now i think i want a Lavender Lodge from Pets at home.I never seem to have hutches very long.I want the bunnies to be happy,that is the main thing but i am making hubby cross.How long do you expect your rabbits hutch to last???

Jackie

I got a happy hutch for Barley and it lasted about 4 and a half years! It was a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch, I replaced it with a shed at the end of last year, partly as the hutch was nearing the end of it's life and partly because I wanted a shed!

Hannah

I have a playhouse for the rabbits now but when I had guinea pigs, I used to keep them outside in hutches in the summer. My hutches were locally made and I bought them at a garden centre, they lasted 4 years with me (treated but outside in all weathers) and as far as I know are still being used by their new owners 7-8 years after I bought them.

I have caramel in an 8 year old hutch and I'm just starting to think it needs replacing. I have coated it and recovered the roof but it's starting to look scruffy now.

Back