• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The ongoing pellet supplies saga

Cob-Web

Warren Scout
I am still trying to find a supplier for pellets :(

I live on an off-Island, so mail order is too expensive - however, because the area I live in is rural, there are a number of feed stores around.

I thought I had found a local supplier of Allen and Paige products - but it was read herring :rolleyes:

I phoned another supplier today (about 10 miles away from home, so not too bad, especially as it is next door to the farm I buy my organic hay from ;)) - they recommended Dobson and Horrell rabbit pellets; they order these for several customers - but I can't find about anything about the product on the D & H website :?

Can anyone tell me if D & H pellets are any good? What is their fibre & protein content?

Do you mean Dodson and Horrell? OR whatever the spelling is :lol: They do a brand called Chudleys, I use their Rabbit Royale (recommended to me) and Billy LURVES it!! I would recommend. Even I think it looks good, its not just pellets there is hay and grass in it too, it looks wholesome. Worth a try, Billy actually licks the bowl right out!!! :lol::roll:

Do you mean Dodson and Horrell? OR whatever the spelling is :lol: They do a brand called Chudleys, I use their Rabbit Royale (recommended to me) and Billy LURVES it!! I would recommend. Even I think it looks good, its not just pellets there is hay and grass in it too, it looks wholesome. Worth a try, Billy actually licks the bowl right out!!! :lol::roll:

Thanks - I don't think it is the Chudleys product - the supplier referred to a Dodson and Horrell pellet that is sold in 20kg sacks?

Hmm, well dodson and horrell must be okay if he eats it and the horses all eat it fine... I do rely on them for food quite a bit... Can you get a smaller bag of it first a try them at all?? :)

Now I'm spelling it right I have found a recent post about these - am I right that the Fibre is 15% and the protein 19%?

Am I right that the fibre is a bit low and the protein a bit high? I would love to get A & P, but there doesn't seem to be a local supplier who is willing to get them in for me :?

I'm fairly sure that Raven Rexes (or a name similar) has her buns on Dodson and Horrell rabbit pellets plus. Might be worth asking her on the nutritional content.

hi im here nowyes i use the plue version because it has probiotic added to the feed very handy for buns with dicky tummys i ll have to get you the nutritional value tomorrow as its to late for me to go get it now really im all tucked up in bed:lol:

Back