• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am gobsmacked!!!!!!!

lucy pepsi

Warren Scout
God..... i just phoned round the vets in my area - neurering for Dexter and Marley is going to cost me £66 per rabbit!!!!! Am horrified!!! Didnt cost much more than that to have my dog spayed!!!

Anyone live anywhere where it is much cheaper?! Fancy letting me know what it costs you? Will be worth a drive to somewhere cheaper at that price! Thank god they are both having to wait till they are better first - gonna have to start really saving!:roll:

I don't think thats bad, Bugys cost me £100.00 for the spay then she had to go back in for a few days ended up costing me about £200.00.

I personally would use the vet your most confident with, not the cheapest.
I know was quite a lot but I knew she was in good hands.

Here its about £65 or each. I would definitely be asking the vets what their rate is for unexpected deaths and taking the one that has least , rather than worrying about getting the cheapest

Faes spay came to 70 pounds and would have been more but i didnt take her back for her followup as she was absolutely fine and i figured it was just more stress for her. The op went everso well and she was absolutely spoilt by the staff. Its a nice place we GENERALLY trust so it was worth it

Just make sure you double check youre absolutely confident with the vet themself. We happened to get a different vet doing Joeys op and we werent half as happy and neither was he, poor little guy

Hope it goes well for your bun:)

I am in Bournemouth and Spaying cost me £52 last month.I dont think it is too bad as when my dog had a swab taken from his ear it cost me £50.The allergy treatment my dog has costs the insurance company £110 a month so the op was good value!

Jackie x

Cost me in the region of £100 for Barley nearly 5 years ago now! The price you've been quoted doesn't sound too bad - remember you get what you pay for

Hannah

Where about's are you Lucy? Is Coventry far? The vets there are very good, I have all my rescues neutered with them and a male neuter is £30

My boys neuter was £35/£40 and girls spey between £50/£60.
Our vet is lovely, rabbit savvy and well priced. We're lucky!

Its really expensive at my surgery £115 for a rabbit spay and not much less for a castrate :?

Male bunnies cost me about £60 to £70 and females bunnies about £80 to £100. So what you are paying is not to bad.

Really??!!!! See i have read loads of threads on here about neutering etc and most of them gave the me impression i was looking at 35-50 per rabbit! :roll: Maybe i was being thick??!!!:oops::roll:

Cant even begin to think about it yet, i just wanted to call around in plenty of time and ask all my questions so i have time to get the funds together and decide where i want to take them!

Am sure it cost me 55 last year to have the cat done at the same vet!!! Oh well.......... no takeaway for a while!

Really??!!!! See i have read loads of threads on here about neutering etc and most of them gave the me impression i was looking at 35-50 per rabbit! :roll: Maybe i was being thick??!!!:oops::roll:

Cant even begin to think about it yet, i just wanted to call around in plenty of time and ask all my questions so i have time to get the funds together and decide where i want to take them!

Am sure it cost me 55 last year to have the cat done at the same vet!!! Oh well.......... no takeaway for a while!

Cats and rabbits are a very different procedure, bunnies being more delicate and needing more after care :)

It's £15.00 cheaper to get female cats spayed at my vet. When I asked why the big difference they said it's because they use a more expensive anaesthetic with rabbits as they're so much more delicate, and with cats they do a small incision on their side, whereas with rabbits they have to make quite a large one down their tummy.

Back