• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quarantine?

Pepsi's People

Alpha Buck
In another thread the issue of quarantine of a new arrival was raised.

I have to admit it’s something I’ve never consciously done – ours were kept separate while they settled in but were allowed to meet through the cage mesh. I can’t say I recall reading it in any care leaflets even the ones on bonding / getting bunny a friend.

In what circumstances can new arrivals be considered ok to mix with your existing rabbit(s) or is the answer never?

Mike

I have only put one bun in Quarantine it was because he came from a bad rescue :( all my other buns have come from good recsues off here...

I have only put one bun in Quarantine it was because he came from a bad rescue :( all my other buns have come from good recsues off here...

So is it safe to assume most rescues won't rehome a bunny until they've monitored it for a while and are reasonably happy it's not carrying an infection? How long would this need to be?

Mike

Back