• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When you give your house rabbit veg...

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
...does she take it in her mouth, then run 4 laps of the room at top speed til she has decided where is the "safest" place to feast upon it? It makes me laugh so much. :lol:

Not a house rabbit but if Treacle has a veg she's excited about (carrot) she will dash from the top layer of the hutch to the bottom to show Dumpling then run back upstairs to eat!! :lol:

:lol: Bugsy does. I give him and Lola a piece of carrot each and she will go and scoff it straight away but Bugsy runs around for ages with it in his mouth before settling down to eat it, by which time Lola has finished hers and is trying to steal his piece! :roll:

Bella is too greedy - she just wants to tuck into it as fast as she can. Tarquin does though - he runs round and round his cage with something in his mouth and then takes it over to his bed area and eats it. Funny bunnies :lol: :lol:

Maa runs around the patio till I've gone back indoors - like I want to steal her greens - who does she think gave them to her? :roll: :lol:

a great way to get my buns to excercise is to give them a whole carrot. They will then run around, get a tiny nibble before they get tackled by another bun...a bit like carrot football.

Yeah bugys does :lol:while joey gets to eat more!! She waste so much time i have to hold back a few bits for her or Joey eats it all while she's running around! :lol:

YES!! It is SOO cute. Especially when they are carrying something that is too big for them and they trip over. OOOR when they have dropped it and not noticed and then look REALLY puzzled when they finally stop and there is nothing there (or are my rabbits dafter than most?)

i remember thumpoer used to do this with apples or celery so cute shed just run round the garden with it like she wanted everyone to see what she had:lol:

Charlie ALWAYS does this and she runs around with it high in the air like shes showing off her prize

Joey did it the other day and kept changing his mind about which spot to eat at:D

:lol: Yes Faline is so greedy she has to run away with her food to make sure no one else gets it.

a great way to get my buns to excercise is to give them a whole carrot. They will then run around, get a tiny nibble before they get tackled by another bun...a bit like carrot football.

Our outside rabbits are terrible for that. I chop up their veg but they still all go for the same bit. :rolleyes:

Funny, Tofu doesn't run around much with things in his mouth. He just wants to eat it NOW! Though yesterday we had guests over and he was running around with this huge dried leaf. I think he was just trying to impress our friends. It worked!

No, in my house it's Skips, Ritz & all the naughty things Lucifer knows she shouldn't have! :lol: It's so cute when they "desperately" search for somewhere and end up three feet away from you.

Gloria does that. If you give her a quarter of apple she gets really excited and finds a spot to hide. Which is really rich cos she's the one who mugs poor Wolfie and takes his tasty titbits! :lol::lol:

One of my favourite things about Bertie is this. He's not a big bunny, but he takes the biggest Spring green leaf he can get, bigger than he is, and legs it round the room for ages until he finds the spot to eat it! On the right angle, all you can see is a big leaf floating through the air :D

Lexie's veg bowl is always placed in her cage however she drags it all into the livingroom to eat it. A couple of weeks ago Poppy (dog) stole her carrot whist she was eating it.

Now she drags it behind the sofa and maunches at any animal that dares to come near her whilst she is eating. Sha chased Tiffin (cat) into the bedroom last week :shock:

Back