• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions from a newbie :)

Foxy Red

New Kit
Hi There! :wave:

I've just got my Bunny- decided to call her Flopsy as she is a Dutch dwarf lop ear. She's 8 weeks old (I say she.. the nurse thinks she's a she.. but could be too young to tell) and is a white colour with toffee coloured patches :D

She is so friendly and in 4 days I've been able to get to picking up stage! :O (I've been building up as recommended, but talking to her, giving her treats, holding my hands near her, letting her come to me when she's running around etc).
This morning I stuck my hand in the cage for the normal hay/ water/ food time and she came up to my hand nudging it! She actually wanted to be stroked bless her :D

She is currently in a large indoor cage and I'm looking for an outdoor hutch/run for her.

I have a few questions and I was hoping you could help me?

1. Is there a for sale/ wanted section on here please?
2. What are the main charcteristics of my breed?

Thanks for reading :D

My Bunny :D

Flopsy.jpg

well theres no for sale section as this is a rescu site, but there is rabbits in need which is rehoming, helping bunnies find new homes?

congrats on your bunny!x

Hello, welcome to RU

Lovely bunny! :love: Although I'm not sure what a Dutch Dwarf Lop Ear is?! :? She looks like a Dwarf Lop to me, with Agouti Butterfly colouring. But that's all words anyway :roll: She is beautiful, what ever her proper name is! :D

Thea

Welcome to RU. Did you mean sale/wanted section for accessories like runs (rather than rabbits)? There isnt one, but its not a bad idea.

:wave: hello and welcome.

You have a beautiful bunny there - again I agree that she is a dwarf lop.

I like the idea of accessories for sale too.

Do you know the basics about hutch size and run's etc?

Alot of people seem to pick up second hand hutches etc from Ebay or sites like that.

Read as much as you can on here though, there is a wealth of information. Problem I find is the more I read the more questions I have :lol:

Hi There! :wave:

I've just got my Bunny- decided to call her Flopsy as she is a Dutch dwarf lop ear. She's 8 weeks old (I say she.. the nurse thinks she's a she.. but could be too young to tell) and is a white colour with toffee coloured patches :D

She is so friendly and in 4 days I've been able to get to picking up stage! :O (I've been building up as recommended, but talking to her, giving her treats, holding my hands near her, letting her come to me when she's running around etc).
This morning I stuck my hand in the cage for the normal hay/ water/ food time and she came up to my hand nudging it! She actually wanted to be stroked bless her :D

She is currently in a large indoor cage and I'm looking for an outdoor hutch/run for her.

Hiya,
welcome to the world of rabbit keeping, soon you will know more about bunnies than you ever knew existed. :shock: there isn't a for sale section here but the happy hutch company make good outdoor hutches. their site is www.happyhutch.com. there are a few other good sites on the net and you can find stuff on ebay - if you end up getting your hutch from a pet shop, be very careful its big enough as a lot sold there are far too small. if you are moving her outside, remember to wait till the weather is warmer - she will not have her winter coat on so the cold would make her poorly. i guess you know that already though. personally i kept mine indoors permanently and I love her always being there to entertain me! enjoy your new rabbit. :)

What a cute bunny :bunny:

I have the same indoor cage but once we are 100% bunny proofed little Zorro will be able to come & go as he pleases. I much prefer the idea of having him indoors, he gets more attention that way & is much safer :D

I was going to buy a run but now I think I'm just going to make one, they are very basic to make & it is much cheaper to make one yourself.

I have the same indoor cage but once we are 100% bunny proofed little Zorro will be able to come & go as he pleases. I much prefer the idea of having him indoors, he gets more attention that way & is much safer :D

I agree. I absolutely love having Tofu around the house following me around while I go about my daily business...or maybe it's me that follows him! :lol:

Back