• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urine incontinance

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I posted last week about Bella being poorly well I took her to my vet who was concerned that she was in alot of pain and had become urine incontinant, my vet could feel something in her bladder but wanted to ease the amount of pain she was in before we did anything radical but we had agreed to see how she went over the weekend with baytril and metacam and also a tablet called Diethlstilbestrol which is for urine incontinence (it is half a tab once a week). I just had to share this brill drug with you as it as worked really quick, I had to give her half a tab on friday night and by saturday night she was almost dry I just carried on putting sudacrem on to help the urine scald. I am glad to report that she is now 100% better all thanks to that little half a tablet, we are carrying on with the baytril till friday and I will give her the other half of tablet on friday but I am so glad for her.

Cheers for that info Kayj, hope Bella continues to get better :thumb:

One of mine has recently had a UTI, but still sometimes gets wet around her back end (may be EC related?). I might speak to my vet about this drug.

Amy

Kayj, can you tell me the strength of the whole tablet please, was it 1mg? I'm going to ask about trying this on one of our rabbits, she dribbles everywhere :roll:

:D

It was 1mg tablet, you give 1/2 a tab once a week it is an ostergen hormone tab which is for inconinence, Bella hasn't suffered any side affects.

I didn't and it was actually in one of my vets books on Exotics and it reccommended it for rabbits. Good luck and hope it works

Laura mention it to your vet as it may help him. I will ask Caroline in he morning about it and then hopefully we can get him sorted too.

I'm not a glutten for punishment, I just love them.:D

Back