• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Knitted Bunnies!

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Princesscarly1978

As some of you may know I am doing a 'knit-a-thon' to raise some much needed funds for the rescues out there.

I have decided to knit some rabbits and the proceeds will go to a nominated rescue.

My initial idea was to change the rescue each month to make it 'fair' as so many need our help. This month all funds raised are going to Briar Patch Rescue

I have decided to charge £10 for the bunnies - and I want to make at least 5 this month. I have just brought some materials and these are coming from my own cash - so 100% of the profit raised this month will go to Briar Patch.

Once we get more of a routine going I will asses how much these are going to cost to make and how many I can commit to each month.

I have got a thread started in Rabbit Chat and the idea seems very popular - my only concern is how fast I can 'churn' them out as my original pattern is proving to take a little longer than I anticipated

I have lots of ideas so this will of course be a work in progress idea.

Kinda like roaming Rudy but your very own

I will be collecting the money myself and making one donation at the end of each month to the rescues.

Just an idea but have you thought about maybe getting some knitters together and being able to produce more? I haven't knitted for years but could give it a go, and even if I only managed one a month if you had say 5 people doing one each a month it could help?

I would like one :D
Is £10 for a small bunny or one of the larger ones as I believe you had two sizes on the original thread? And does it include postage? :wave:
Do you have a waiting list already?

Thanks to all of you who have responded - I would LOVE other knitters to join in the more the merrier - I will PM you :D

I have changed the original bunny to a medium one you are right I did offer two on the thread - it does include all packaging costs - nothing more

Oh and yes I will start a list if you PM me :)

Photos at last

Thanks so much for your patience - I have finished my first 'prototype' as you can see he is v v different from the pattern (much cuter in real life) : His face needs to be redone as I had run out of black cotton (1am this morning I will add) I will reshoot soon :)

2278697523_6ec16f2bb9.jpg

I have now got 4 patterns: Patch was made from pattern 1 - and the ears of pattern 3!!! I can change the ears to suit

I also have lots of colours it is hard to photograph well but I have tried and added a description

2278696493_bdafee7424_m.jpg

2278698339_b56cf67191_m.jpg

2279488770_d17045a7d9.jpg

2278697817_325915918b_m.jpg

I will keep updating this post but we also have a thread in Rabbit Chat http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=116570

I have now set up a paypal account which is bunnyfunds@gmail.com

Colours:

2279487406_8dda8b36e6_m.jpg

This is a bluey Grey colour - gorgeous in real life -

2279487604_e662394509_m.jpg
- This is a pale grey

2278697137_9fc65bbf50_m.jpg
Light brown colour

2279488010_c1b0a6c16d_m.jpg
This is a yummy cream colour

2285742669_fe9c187ae4_m.jpg
New colour orangey

Jumper Colours:

2281643530_283c0d0659.jpg

1= A blue
2 = Peachy/pink
3 = Dark Pink/Rose
4 = Red/Pink
5 = Pale Pink
6 = Purple
7 = White
8 = Green
9 = Cream
10 = Bright Pink
11 = Bright Orange
12 = Bright Yellow

I also have black and subject to demand I can order other colours

So To summarise:

You can choose any pattern, any colour and I am asking for a £10 donation to be made for each (except the small one) made to the paypal account - 100% of this is going to Briar Patch for this round

I have had a phenomenal response: These are the people who have msgs me

1:Lucy Pepsi
2:Steph
3:Toni
4:Andi C
5:Binky Bun
6:Tickles
7:Babybunnies
8: Thea & Bobbin
9: RusselRocky
10: Duracell
11: Cazza
12: Petticoat74
13: Jackiestone
14: Maizy
15: Wispa
16: Beckie31
17: Izzytwig
18: Hayleyhop

Last edited:
Perhaps each rescue can have a slightly different rabbit from each other and make them a collectors item.

If I could knit I would help

wow what a brilliant idea!

Just a thought to save you some dosh, could you ask for wool donations from freecycle? and maybe from here too?

I've got come similar thread to what it looks like you've used (cotton?) so I'd be happy to donate a coulple of balls...its Debbie Bliss!

can i pls be added to the list - gonna get one for my baby as her nursery had bunnies as do most of her outfits lol

caz

This is bizarre but would you knit a bunnie in green? I'm happy to pay however much it costs in material and include a donation on top of that.

I would love one too please, in white/cream if possible... and my Mum has some orange yarn, quite a bit and tells me its yours if you want it? (PM me your address I will send it to ya:D)

Would it be possible to make a bunny with two different colours? Say a mixture of colour no 1 and no 2? Or perhaps giving a knitted bunny a cream tummy whilst the rest is another colour?

Also could you get an orange/brown colour wool?

Hi Carly - I am new to the forum (well posting anyway) and would LOVE one of your knitted bunnys - please can I go on ur list? I think its a great idea & the bunnys look great! :D

can i pls be added to the list - gonna get one for my baby as her nursery had bunnies as do most of her outfits lol

caz

I was just thinking they'd be great for babies but I don't know anyone who's expecting at the moment or I'd order one

Back