• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frozen grass?

Hi,
I've looked & looked into this, I can't find anything to say there is a problem with this but I did find an article saying they won't tend to eat the frozen grass as it is too watery!!!

They will more than likely be ok, as long as they've got somewhere to retreat to but personally, I wouoldn't leave them out.

Sorry I couldn't find a more definate answer for you :?

p.s. Googling the words 'Rabbit' & 'Frozen' bring up lots of unfriendly bunny stuff. :cry:

Last edited:
My lot have been out grazing all morning on frozen grass... and do so every year and they have never had any problems. :D

Wild bunnies would have to! :)

My buns have eaten frozen grass in the past and been OK but it would be a good idea to give them a pile of hay out there--so they can chose.
Though they have enjoyed being able to run around-mine have usually had a nibble at the frozen grass then decided the hay is nicer! -Sue:wave:

Last edited:
Thanks all for your replies. They do have access to their hutch when they want to go back in during the day so I suppose its not like they are outside all day.

Mine are out all weathers and still graze on the icy grass, I just put a huge pile of hay down too just to give them options!

Back