• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport needed form York to Leicester

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Sadly we need to get Kizzy back from York to Leicester.
She was adopted on sunday after the meeting with her prospective husbun went so well I actually said "I wish all bondings were as easy as this"..sadly when they got home they fell out big time and her new owner feels she cannot keep her.

This happens very rarely so is disappointing..but now Kizzy needs to be returned..
the owners male bun may be coming too to be left here to be bonded with a different girlie ..but this is only a slight possibility..

So can anyone help with part of the journey?
If so please pm me or ring 0116 2869887
Thank you

I'm coming to Nottingham on Saturday to Ikea so can do Sheffield to Notts if thats any help. Stopping off at DustFreeHay on the way near Derby too.

Helen x

Thanks for this Jill. We are extremely upset about having to return Kizzy. She is such a lovely girl and is really coming around. I cried all evening again about it. :cry:

I've pm'd you to say I gave it one last try last night in a totally new room where Dillon has never been before. It just seems to be getting worse. He wants to be the dominant one and so does she. The difference is Kizzy is fine with him trying, but when Kizzy mounts Dillon, he goes mad. He was stomping his feet last night and attacked Kizzy and they had a major fight. It was really difficult to split them up. Kizzy is obviously a little bigger and stronger than him because he comes out of it worse off and he seems more distressed afterwards. I just can't believe it after them getting on so well at yours and on the way home.

Maybe this is normal but I'm not brave enough to try anymore. It's too upsetting. :cry:

I feel Dillon 100% needs to be bonded away from home, he is obviously more territorial and dominant than I had ever imagined.

Jill,

Just looked at the map and I'll have to pass through Long Eaton on the way from DFH to Ikea or the other way around on Saturday so if someone could get them to me in Sheffield from York then I can meet someone in Long Eaton if that is any use at all.

What a shame they aren't getting on :(

Jill,

Just looked at the map and I'll have to pass through Long Eaton on the way from DFH to Ikea or the other way around on Saturday so if someone could get them to me in Sheffield from York then I can meet someone in Long Eaton if that is any use at all.

What a shame they aren't getting on :(

I could possibly do the York to Sheffield journey but all depends on time as hubbie working this weekend so I would guess I only have the car late afternoon?

I was planning on setting off in the morning as am doing a rather long round trip, plus my sister needs shopping time in IKEA :roll:. If its just the one bun I could look after it until Saturday if it could be got to me before. Would be in an indoor cage tho so not sure if that would work if it then going to be outside at Jill's, wouldn't want it to go from a warm house to the current freezing temps.

I was planning on setting off in the morning as am doing a rather long round trip, plus my sister needs shopping time in IKEA :roll:. If its just the one bun I could look after it until Saturday if it could be got to me before. Would be in an indoor cage tho so not sure if that would work if it then going to be outside at Jill's, wouldn't want it to go from a warm house to the current freezing temps.

This could be possible Thursday or Friday evening for us to drop her at your house. Depends if Jill is happy with her going inside for a night or two. She is currently in our conservatory which is not heated. Thanks

I could meet Helen in Long Eaton on Saturday (although Trowell services on M1 might be easier), and get buns down to Jill's, or meet Jill part way.

Amy

I could meet you at Ikea if that's better for you?

If you let me know what route you're taking, I can suggest somewhere suitable because I know the area between Notts and Derbys quite well.

Amy

. Head south on Upwoods Rd toward Derby Rd 0.1 mi
2. Turn left at Derby Rd 0.2 mi
3. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Marston Ln 0.2 mi
4. Turn left to merge onto A50 1.3 mi
2 mins
5. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit and stay on A50
Go through 1 roundabout 24.4 mi
24 mins
6. Take the ramp to Nott'm 0.3 mi
7. Merge onto M1 9.7 mi
9 mins
8. At junction 26, take the A610 exit to Ripley/Nottingham 0.4 mi
1 min
9. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A610 heading to Ripley/Matlock/A6 1.8 mi
3 mins
10. Take the exit 0.2 mi
11. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto B6010
Go through 1 roundabout 0.5 mi
2 mins
12. Turn left at Giltway

This is the route off google but Tom Tom might send me a different way, if you know the area just let me know where is best to meet and I'll be there. I planned on going to DFH first so would hopefully be heading over to IKEA about lunchtime ish.

Providing norrielian can get Bun to me in the first place of course!

Last edited:
You won't be going as far south as Long Eaton (J25) or Trowell services...so I could meet you at IKEA...it isn't far from J26.

Amy

OK thats fine. Is about 12 ok for you? we are setting off from Sheffield about 10 so about an hour to DFH and then 45mins ish to IKEA. Can text you when we are leaving DFH tho if you PM me your number.

Jill/norrielian is this all ok with you guys?

Sorry for delay, I'm in a meeting all day taking notes so am on a quick break. I'll try and catch up on this when I finish and also speak to hubbie about when is best to transport Kizzy. Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Just realised I've misunderstood your route...DFH means dust free hay, right? Whereabouts is DFH located? Your directions seem like you'll be travelling north bound on M1? Is this right? If so, will you get on to the M1...possibly at J24?

Back