• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which pellets?

janjan

Alpha Buck
I'm going to try and change my buns food from science selective to pellets, can you guys recommend which one's for me to try them on ?
I have a small lop bun and a medium french lop.
Digger french lop has been on a bit of a diet over Xmas as he is prone to getting dirty bottoms. This seems a lot better now lost a bit of weight, he is very idol and won't run round garden much even when shed door open for hours for them both. They both eat alot of hay and a small amount of greens in the morning. They both live together so both have to be on same food. Small lop never had any trouble with weight gain or dirty bum. :?

Science Selective is a type of pellet and the one most people recommend!

Are you sure it's Ss you're feeding and not a mix?

If the are on SS and happy I'd stick with it..
A & P (allen and Page ) Natural pellets are higher in fibre than SS (23%) and are much cheaper to buy..but can be hard to source..usually feed suppliers can order them for you.

Sorry it's Johnson's supreme, a mix they have.:oops:
Little bun is 5yrs old and has never had any trouble with dirty bums so not sure whether it would be right to change their food now.
Trouble is French lop is. He's over 4kilos. He's a rescue bun who was wandering the streets probably starving, so not sure whether this could be sociological that now makes sure he eats well, if you know what i mean.
What pellets do you recomend? Whould the mix their on have more calories in ? Any sugestions. Thanks.

SS is a popular choice as is A & P. Mine have all taken to Oxbow Bunny Basics T and I can thoroughly recommend it. I think the most important thing is to make sure you have a food with a high fibre content. BB is between 25 and 29% crude fibre content, but anything over about 16% is pretty good.:D

Not sure what part of Sussex you are in but Middle Farm at Lewes in East Susex are Allen and Page stockists. Failing that PM me if you want it in a smaller quantity than a 20kg sack

I was thinking of changing my buns pellets too. atm they are not having any as vet has advised to leave off them until my bun is better. They are currently on Excel junior, but was wondering if there was a better one out there for them.

Back