• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They must have been thirsty :(

brightspark19

Warren Scout
I'm such an idiot. I filled all the buns water bottles up last night before i covered their hutches over about 10pm and when i opened them up at 8am this morning Oscar and Elsa hadn't eaten hardly any food or touched their water.

When i checked their water, they had a huge air bubble trapped in the bottle and the water wasnt flowing through the spout. Im feel so guilty that they were without water for almost 10 hours. They must have been so thirsty. I made it up to them though by giving them a big bag of kale, nice handful of broccoli and some juicy carrots. (and of course sorting thier water out)

Has this happened to anyone else, or am i just the doughnut who didnt check?

oh don't worry, its just one of those things :D at least you check the water regularly unlike some owners who prob wouldn't check it for several days

its happened to me too, especially as they both were pushing each other out the way 2 get a drink, they were so desperate

Its happened to me too twice, flippin plastic bottles:evil: Its only Emily and Twinkle that ever gets affected as the others have different bottles, will be changing their bottles once we move as they will be upgrading to new hutches too:D

I have two bottles and a bowl in my hutch to avoid things like that. Maybe worth getting a second bottle for a back up even if it is a small one?

I have started using bowls as well as the bottles, so they have a choice now.

Once I took the Cockatiels food and water dishes out and filled them, then answered the phone and forgot to put them back. Soon realised after they started screeching:?

I did that as well, but have changed over to bowls..so much easier, and no grungy spouts to descale!!

I bought a super-pet glass bottle that is loads better than the plastic ones, if it's not letting water out fast enough my buns grab it with their teeth and give it a good shake :lol: They always have a bowl full of water now though, it's much quicker and easier to refill it and it's a dog one so is heavy to avoid one of them toppling it over.

Back