• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns are going to hate me

Stralachlan

Warren Scout
They are going to be put into boarding over Easter for 2 weeks whilst I go off to stay with a (ex boy-)friend in Australia (who I'm hoping to get back together with, but that could be wishful thinking).

So I've just booked them into the vets for their myxi update, and I'm going to microchip them as well. Two needles in one day - they are so going to be ignoring me after that :(

I so feel your pain - I have just booked Rhia in for about three weeks whilst Im away, and although I know shes going to be cared for brilliantly, I feel so guilty! Poor little mite only really knows her Mummy!! :( Good luck with the Bf situ though hun XXX

They may not like you when you say goodbye, but be sure, they will love you 100 times more when you come back again. Good luck in oz :D

I'm off to meet BunniesBarnBabe tomorrow to check out her facility. Do you think she'll think I'm mad if I ask for email updates? My mobile will work over there so she can always phone me if she needs to, but it would be nice to hear how they are doing.

I met Luke 11 years ago, and whilst we did go out for a while, I didnt really want to get serious at the time. Then I got stuck in the UK whilst the Australian Govt spent 2 1/2 yrs trying to decide whether to give me a visa or not, which they eventually did, but by that time both Luke & I were seeing other people. We are now both single again, and I'm hoping we can pick up where we left off, and make it work this time. We're still good mates, and we've had some great long phone chats over the last few months. So fingers crossed I can convince him that he wants a serious long distance relationship.

Last edited:
I have sent my bunnies away to stay with my mum for a month :cry: because I have to keep travelling up and down to visit my sick grandmother and then I'm going on holiday for a week. I miss them sooooooo much :(:(:( But I know it's best for them because I dont want to rely on friends who might forget to feed them, and at least I get to see them whenever I visit my gran.

I took them to the vets for their myxi before they went - lots of prodding and eye flushings and stuff then a long car journey. Dont think they were too impressed. But they seem very happy now -dont even seem to notice I'm not around :rolleyes: I hate to say it but you will probably miss your bunnies more than they miss you!

Have a great holiday (remember that most men really arent worth it - but australia should be great!)

i haven't plucked up the courage to book them into boarding yet :?

they're coming away with us on wednesday for a week, only to my parents

do you mind me asking where about you are goin in OZ?? My ncle has a cafe over there and also several building setups :D

aslo may i ask how much it costs for the boarding. The local one to me is £70 for two weeks x

do you mind me asking where about you are goin in OZ?? My ncle has a cafe over there and also several building setups :D

aslo may i ask how much it costs for the boarding. The local one to me is £70 for two weeks x

I'm going to Airlie Beach in Queensland. Its the mainland town to the Whitsunday Islands which are a diving and sailing paradise. Both Luke & I are diving instructors which is one reason why we have so much in common, and in fact why we started talking in an American Youth Hostel in the first place :)

I've been out there loads of times before, I worked in Adelaide for 4 months so was already hoping to move to Oz before I met Luke. I even went house hunting in Airlie with him (not to live together though, he just wanted my opinion), but its now been about 3 years since I was last there.

Boarding will be £5.50 a day for two bunnies sharing. Most places in Bristol seem to charge about the same. My neighbour usually looks after them at my house, but 2 weeks is a long time, and I need to ask him to do another week just after I get back due to a work course :oops:

Back