• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boxing bunny!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Over the past month or two I have noticed that Tappet has taken to boxing me whenever I try and carry him. I normally pick him up to bring him into the house in the evenings and he has recently taken to "boxing" me with his front paws, like he's digging. He also tries to bite my clothing and me (hasn't drawn blood). He doesn't really give me the run around before picking him up, but once I have him in my arms, then he seems to go a bit mad.

He keeps himself to himself when he is inside but is happy to sit on the sofa and eat food from my hand, as long as I don't try and restrain (read cuddle) him. He doesn't seem to do it when I take him back outside, or usually when I am holding him indoors and standing up (possibly because there's no escape route?), if I'm sitting on the sofa and holding him, he'll nip to try and get me to let him go. I wonder if he is worried that I will clip his claws. I have had to do that a couple of times (in the lounge) as he doesn't seem to do as much exercise as Gasket so his claws have a habit of getting long quite quickly.

In contrast, Gasket gives me the runaround all the time and is a complete PITA to catch. However, once he's in my arms, he sits there and shivers until I let him go in the lounge, at which point he acts as if nothing has happened and is his usual boistrous self. He's much more of a people bunny and will readly climb all over me if I have a handful of food. However, he knows when its time to go outside again and tries to give me the runaround again!

Any advice or insight welcome!

Jo.

Back