• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on playing outside in summer??

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
my buns are indoor buns but LOVE sunbathing when the sun is shining through the window.

i was thinking that in the summer i might put them outside during the day whilst we are at work so for about 7 hours a day (darren is always home at 4)

we dont have any grass just concrete so is it worth it?

also what would i need to put out there, i dont want to get a hutch but can a traditional rabbit run be used by french lops? the garden is pretty rabbit safe but id rather be 100% certain that they cant get out!

id give them hidey holes and toys etc and id need a shelter incase it rains when we are out (we wont put them out in the morning if its raining)

Could anyone get in to steal them?

What about a rouge fox, out in the day?

I never have my buns out unless I am in the garden. I worry about therm.

Rabswood

Could anyone get in to steal them?

What about a rouge fox, out in the day?

I never have my buns out unless I am in the garden. I worry about therm.

Rabswood

no foxes around here! we have very tall walls and a lock on the gate, so im pretty sure they are safe. now im all worried about people stealing them!!

i leave my buns in the run when im out as long as its secure:D

f its summer get a big run with a shelter:D

i put my buns out for as long as there is daylight. I am at work but the run is secure; if i could only put them in it while i was there they'd never get enough exercise! :shock:

I think theyll be fine aslong as you get a really sturdy run, it'll need to be big though cos your bunnies are quite hefty!

yeah i know it needs to be tall, ive seen one someone posted asking if someone had a run, that looked quite good and it had a roof!

Back