• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Entrance/Exit for bunny shed

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi All
Just starting my bunny shed project. Dont know what would be best for access for bunnies. Would people recommend cat flap that can be locked or wooden hatch?

Your opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a cat flat that can be locked, however I do find that sometimes the lock slide over slightly and can lock them either in or out. I am considering taking the locks off and putting a door across of a night - would leave the cat flap as the magnetic strip keeps the door closed and draughts out.

I have a cat flap that you just slide a piece of plastic over at night to keep it shut. It was the cheapest one in Argos, they can't work the flap though, so I tie it open:lol:.

I have a cat flap that you just slide a piece of plastic over at night to keep it shut. It was the cheapest one in Argos, they can't work the flap though, so I tie it open:lol:.

Same here too. I'm not sure I'd want them to be able to work it - it would be just like them for one to be sitting by it when the other came flying through :roll:

Mike

i used a wooden hatch for jimmys, i used ply wood and made a track so it can slide up and down, i also added a handle and a catch at the top so i can open it in the day and close it at night. heres a pic off when i was building it so you can see what i meen... lol :D

HPIM0152.jpg

Back