• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of lop is he?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Hi :wave:
I was wondering if anyone knew what type of lop Blitzen is? He is quite big.
(yeah I know it looks like he has a dewlap, but I swear he is a buck :) )
PIC_2095.jpg

how heavy is he? he looks to be either a german lop or a french lop. german lops are smaller that a frenchie but bigger than a dwarf lop. x

not sure how heavy, I don't know what to weigh rabbits with as my scales are the ones sued for guinea pigs.
He is about 6-7 months old if that helps?
:)

The ears and head aren't right for a German Lop - I think you've got a French lop on your hands there Beth - prepare yourself hes going to be BIG

when i looked at him i automatically thought German lop lol i think if he was a frenchie his ears would have been longer? but then ive never seen a french lop in real life so cant really comment lol

if you do an image google search on German lops from a side veiw Blitzen looks similar :) juts my opinion anyway lol

xx

thanks.
The pictures in general chat show the lenght of his ears :) they do drag on the floor whilst he walks, I guess he still needs to grow into them :lol: when are rabbits fully grown?
I guess It's time to do the 6ftx7ft shed for him :shock:

thanks.
The pictures in general chat show the lenght of his ears :) they do drag on the floor whilst he walks, I guess he still needs to grow into them :lol: when are rabbits fully grown?
I guess It's time to do the 6ftx7ft shed for him :shock:

:lol: Just start hoping his Mum finds a new home before he grows too big! :shock:

sorry but id say he looks like a german..none of my frenchies look like that and willow at that age had huge ears more like an english when she lay down!

heres willow piccy at that around 3 and a half months

newbunny3.jpg

and one at halloween where she tried on the cats hat they were playing with and didt want to take it off....we had to force it off her after an hour!!
think she liked the attention!!
Willow5.jpg

heres a guide for you..is your bun as big to you as these buns? You will find that german lops just look like a stunted french lop..theyre chunky and broad but only half the size of a frenchie unless your fenchie happens to be my 14lb willow!!:shock::lol:

i love the buns inthe pics even tho theyre at a show...the rews look like a baby bertie with short ears!

http://www.nationalgermanlopclub.co.uk/22.html

this is an old piccy now ( my daughter had shaved her head as she has m.e and it was too much effort to wash her hair so using a jug uick on her over a sonk is less painful than shower spray n her head) this is bertie shes holding and there he was about 18 months old and hes a small frenchie esp compared to willow..shes almost twice his size!

meholdingbertie.jpg

bertie when himn bif were married still
sizedifference.jpg

the basal ridge the bump giving themthe wiggy is pretty similar on dwarf..geram and frenchlops..but i find they vary tremendously on does or bucks..bertie ahs a boxy broad face and head..whereas willows got a longer face and not as wide but then her skull has till june to finish growing!! but as a rule the males have wide chunky heads and faces..germans seem to have this no matter what the sex or so ive been told.

i love your bunny..gets sack to bunnynap........

From the other pics you posted I think he is a dwarf lop, perhaps crossed with something else- his ears don't look that big in the other photos.

Sometimes photos can be misleading, Rhia looked like a baby frenchie in lots of her pics - I think in the photos in stories & pics he looks quite a bit smaller? Prob your best bet is to weigh him, Just do it on human scales :) X

Sorry just wanted to add I've been breeding German lops for 10 years and I really don't think he looks like a German in that photo......

How bout we comproomise and go for French/German Lop cross! :lol:

Back