• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I done the right thing...

JoLB

Warren Scout
Barney and Blue came back from being bonded on Thursday evening. We're now starting to worry if we have done the right thing. Blue is definately more bold...she goes into EVERY room, whereas Barney didn't, even if the doors were wide open! So Barney is left sitting in the hall while Blue goes off, 'cos he won't try and follow her (think he doesn't like the floor in those rooms!).

Barney seems to be more affectionate to us since we got him back.

Yesterday I went and bought a new rabbit bed for him, because Blue took the other one over!

They mostly just ignore each other, although they do follow each other around sometimes. I've caught them together a couple of times (like in pic below).

Last night OH said "I don't know if Barney is as happy as we think he is".

Now I'm worried! Also, Blue won't let us stroke her - is that normal?! Will it just take time?

i felt like that too hun, i pearl was very scared and Alvin carried on like normal, i was worried the fragile bond would break if they werent together 24/7 but instead of it being bad Alvins lack of fear gave pearl the confidence not to be scared... give them a bit of time hun and youll see its 100% the right thing for the bunnies anyhows :lol::lol::lol:

Definately just give them time :D Its quite normal for a bun not wanting to be stroked hun, especially if shes new to you ;) X

I had my girl bonded with a husbun and they were somewhat indifferent to each other when i brought them home but are getting closer all the time. :love:

Its normal for a bun not to want to be stroked. some just dont like it, but its equally possible shes just getting used to her new life and will become more friendly and handlable as she gets to know you.

Thank you for your replies.

Tonight Barney was grooming Blue, it was so sweet! So after reading your replies and seeing that I feel better.

The only thing bugging me now is litter training! Barney is great. Blue, however, keeps going in the cage even though she knows how to use a litter tray. Also she does her poos everywhere! The estate agent showed someone round our flat today (we were at work) and commented on it :oops:

I actually wouldnt handle either of them much for the best part of a week, let their relationship grow and so will their bond. Good luck.

Back