• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home check..do all rescues do them?

minirex

Mama Doe
:wave:
I was just wondering if all the rescues on here do home checks?
Only asking as I went to look at some bunnies today and all the person at the rescue wanted to know is if I had a hutch? :shock: I wasn't asked any other questions! I could have taken any bunny I wanted there and then.

No, all rescues are different.
The ones who come on here regularly do homecheck, spay and vaccs routinely. Others (and there are quite a few around the country) allow you to just take the bun there and then. I've rescued two buns from places like that.
Not to say they're not good rescues, but they just do things differently.

We usually have a set of questions we ask before we do a home visit (Ask poor BeckyH, she has took the grilling), if it is too far for me to travel (thanks again for living over 2 hours away Becky :D) i will do a vet check, providing the vet is happy and i am happy the bunny can go to a new home :)

where I got two of my bunnies from didn't do a homecheck, but they did ask questions (for me if I had kept long haired bunnies before etc)

Back