• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat Romaine Lettuce ???

Princessbunny

Young Bun
Hi Guys, i was just looking at a request on bunspace and a 1 month old bunny, bought in a pet shop (in usa) likes romaine lettuce plus Romaine Lettuce/Orchard Grass/Carrots, I was going to message her but wantd my facts first,
what is romaine lettuce?

Im a **** mam, i never give mine any kind of lettuce,:oops: shows you how much i go shopping, i will tell my boyfriend to keep an eye out for that next time he goes shopping

Im a **** mam, i never give mine any kind of lettuce,:oops: shows you how much i go shopping, i will tell my boyfriend to keep an eye out for that next time he goes shopping

Ur nt a pants mum, i never give mine lettuce - thats cus i don't like romaine lettuce and hence only buy what we eat - rocket and spinach.

buns get proper veg like spring greens, brocolli and bits of fruit x

I don't either hun, am so paranoid about upset tums so I just keep the veg the same :)

Have never given lettuce either... the piggies like romaine..:oops: I give the buns, greens and kale, spinach occassionally and parsley and carrot tops, plus carrots, fruit every now and then... chicory also... Ooh gonna try them on dill and romaine now...:D Well on Wednesday once I been shopping;)

i spend a fortune on the veg for the buns, i buy peppers celery watercress spring greens romaine lettuce kale parsley carrot greens broccoli cauliflower and its leaves the rocket&spinach&watercress mix bags too...

i hate the thought of them gettin bored so they get atleast 3 from the above list daily and buy a different variation each week...

they deffo eat better than i do :oops:

I will have to look out for those rocket&spinach&watercress mix bags, do they like peppers? i have never tried them on that,

My menu consists of carrot, broc, sprouts, occasional celery but it stinks, banana, apple, strawberries, kiwi

My lot don't like banana, they love brocolli and celery... not keen on brussels, but used to love brussel tops... they turned their noses up at green peppers.. they like melon too (only give a little bit occassionally:oops:) Gonna try them on rocket and watercress too... I never thought they could have such a varied diet... though saying that my lot are so fussy!! probably just look at it and go and eat hay:lol:

Celery is great because people prefer the stalks and bunnies prefer the leaves. Nothing goes to waste. It's just a shame that my OH hates celery. Great in soups though. He hardly notices vegies he doesn't like when they are in soups.

And when you pick up a bunny that's just eaten celery, you can have celery flavoured licks :lol:

I feed my rabbits a wide range of veggies for variety. I know I certainly wouldn't want to eat the same food every day of my life :shock: and I'm sure they don't either. As long as you do it properly, there should be no issues with upset tummies.

I feed 3-4 of the following each day, Spring Greens, Romaine, Rocket, Spinach, Celery, Kale, Savory Cabbage, Peppers, Parsley, etc, pretty much everything they can have, except broccoli or cauliflower as they don't like it. :rolleyes: (don't blame them, :lol: I don't eat veg at all.)

They also get some fruit every few days, apple, banana, kiwi, cucumber, carrot (not fruit, I know), Maddie shared a yummy peach with me today. :D My bunnies deffo eat a lot better than me. :lol:

Back