• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Poorly Bob - see page 8!

Doncat5

Mama Doe
I've had an awful day, my lovely little Bob is very poorly. He didnt get up for his breakfast, which was strange but by lunch he still hadnt eaten, poo'd or hardly moved. I did all the usual, massage, SRecovery, fluids but had to take him to the emergency vet at teatime. Vet has done all the usuals, sub c fluids, pain relief, metaclompramide but he's really not well. Still no poos, no eating and very lethargic, with a tummy that doesnt feel right, slightly hardly on the left and not as 'spongey' as other poorly buns tums have felt, if that makes sense...... if its a blockage, its not moved YET. I've had a few buns go into stasis but after a bit of intensive care and a trip to the vet, they usually perk up by the evening, or at least have a nibble on some hay, so I'm very worried about my floppy eared boy..... any spare vibes going, please send them to my Bobob. :(

Last edited:
Lots of vibes to little Bob - he looks adorable.
My Bobby did this to me a while back - 3 days he was having meds and intensive nursing, and he suddenly turned the corner and has never looked back!
It does feel like forever when they're poorly though.

Thanks guys, if he'd done have done just one poop, I'd wouldnt be so worried, but zilch. He's always been fine in the food and poo department, such delicate little creatures. :(

Poor Bob :cry:
Personally I would only syringe cooled boiled water if there is a *suspected* blockage

I really hope Bob will recover overnight

Janex

Poor Bob :cry:
Personally I would only syringe cooled boiled water if there is a *suspected* blockage

I really hope Bob will recover overnight

Janex

Thats Jane, thats what I'm doing ......... body temp boiled water, no solids since late afternoon/early evening, though no blockage was felt, but thats not to say there isnt. Will just have to see how he is overnight, I can do no more now, just about to give him some last fluids before I collapse, I'll be glad when this week is over! :(

I am slightly grasping at straws, but his tummy doesnt feel as hard as it did and he willingly drank a syringe of water..... not a lot to grasp onto really, but it'll have to do. Thanks again everyone.

Back