• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wow what a day !!

Ivanatinkle

Warren Scout
Well we have had our new 12 week old bunny Lilly less than 24 hours.....

I put her out in the run for half an hour this morning, when I went back she had GONE !! I thought she cant have got far surely but on searching every inch of the garden no sign. So we started on next doors garden sure enough she was there... thank god so I got the kids and we surrounded her, then she fled backwards through their hedge straight into miles of open countryside EEEEKKK, we dashed round and crashed through the huge bramble only to find her trapped behind the fence being chased by a CAT, so we made loads of noise to frighten the cat off... it worked but then realised she had gone too, so after hours of combing the hedges and open country side we gave up (sigh) and went off for a few hours with the horse, we got just before dark and although resigned to the fact she would either die of exposure or be cat/fox supper we decided on one more look.... would you believe she was again stood in the same spot in next doors garden !!! So I shouted right retreat and we ran round back behind the fence and blocked the hole then made our way back praying she would still be there... she was so we advanced on her she made a dive for the hole but thank god couldn't get through, so she's all tucked up in her cosy hutch in the boiler room. And believe it or not that's cutting a long story short

Last edited:
tHAT HAPPENED TO US,WE GOT OUR BUNNIES FROM A LADY WHO DIDNT HAVE TIME FOR THEM,WE HAD ONLY HAD THEM FOR AN HOUR AND LILLY JUMPED OUT OF MY ARMS AND JUST RAN.AFTER AN HOUR OF SEARCHING SHE WAS FOUND BY MY HUSBAND STANDING ON NEXT DOORS DRIVEWAY.I WAS SO RELIEVED THAT I CRIED.I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL RIGHT NOW ;)

No she was in the same run as our other rabbit uses every day and our first rabbit Parsnip had used before, it turns out on closer inspection some of the strong rabbit proof wiring had come adrift and it looks like Pepper has just not noticed thank god I use the wire panels to make a lovely large corner run butting up to next doors fence and a brick wall, so its full of undergrowth and trees and even a park bench. Dont worry its now been moved and the bit of wire secured in case she get into the garden.

tHAT HAPPENED TO US,WE GOT OUR BUNNIES FROM A LADY WHO DIDNT HAVE TIME FOR THEM,WE HAD ONLY HAD THEM FOR AN HOUR AND LILLY JUMPED OUT OF MY ARMS AND JUST RAN.AFTER AN HOUR OF SEARCHING SHE WAS FOUND BY MY HUSBAND STANDING ON NEXT DOORS DRIVEWAY.I WAS SO RELIEVED THAT I CRIED.I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL RIGHT NOW ;)

Lol I rushed in and opened a bottle of cava:D

To be honest I was dreading going to bed tonight.... now im all chilled waiting to watch my fave programmes when kids are in bed and finish my cava:D

I am so pleased you found bunny - what a rascal :lol: I would have been so scared as well - good news she is ok though x

Well done, I'm glad you tried so hard to find her and it paid off too. :D One of my naughty boys did that once and we found him two gardens up. Then he went missing a year later and we thought the same thing but we found him hiding under a tarpaulin covered swing all those hours.

Back