• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dark poopies!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
All of my buns poos used to be golden colour, now they are nearly black! They are the right size etc they are just so dark. I thought golden poops were a sign of good hay eaters?

My mum bought the buns a huge bale of hay, but from a diff supplier, and while they are eating it, i dont they they are eating it as much...dus this explain the poos???

i mite just use that for bedding and get them some tasty hay to eat

Mine have gone the other way :D Bell and T's poos have always been very dark with golden glints (can you tell I'm a bit poo obsessive :shock: :lol:). I've always had timothy hay from Bunny Basics, but this time got meadow hay with timothy hay in it from Dust Free Hay and they are enjoying it as much as the BB stuff, though Tarquin, who is a fussy eater, does seem to be eating more of it. In the fortnight since they started eating it, their poos have changed colour and are much lighter - Bell's are definitely golden. I've just assumed it was the change, even though I think the quality is the same.

alvins are quite dark and pearls are a lovely golden colour, she deffo gets thro more hay that he does... maybe they not eating as much as they was hun

Yaaay!
Pooh obsessors! ^^

I just cleaned all mine out, and the poops in their hutches are dark... which is where the hay is, predominantly... And yet when mine are on the grass, there are lots and lots of golden poops? It's quite confusing, really... I'd somehow have thought that grass would produce darker poops, hay would produce lighter...

hehe i am like a poo inspector too! My sister says why don't I go out with a magnifying glass too :oops:

Iv noticed that Jessica plops are always very dark yet she is the best hay eater in the world, will eat every last strand! Don't think it should be anything to worry about unless they decrease in size/become less frequent.

xx

My bunnies poos are golden now, I was mean and cut down their pellets a bit 'cos they were getting a bit fat and could do with eating more hay. I keep showing them to Pig 'cos she helps clean her crate out and she never looks very impressed :oops: :lol:

Back