• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wood Green shelter

Claire&Phil

Warren Scout
Claire and I visited the Wood Green small animal shelter yesterday and reserved the beautiful Henery.

Has anyone else rehomed a bunny from there? We were very impressed with the set up.

Phil

Which one Heydon or Godmanchester? I live right near Godmanchester and although I havent got a bunny from their my doggie is from there.
Sallyx

We have had a few from Wood Green (both Heydon and Godmanchester). The Heydon set up improved enormously a few years ago - it used to be quite dire (due to lack of funds not lack of understanding or care).

Of those we have at present Teasel, Bluebell and Mulberry came from Wood Green. Teasal has been with us many years.

Sweet Pea and Damson, came from the Cambridge Blue Cross (who are overun with buns at present - mostly because few people realise that they have rabbits there so don't look there for adoption buns.)

Of those at the Bridge Quince and Florence and Little Snowdrop came from the Blue Cross.

Others came via 'emergency ill' pet shops rabbits or PAH 'adoption' unwanteds.

Heydon is good though - and thorough with their home checks.

twigs

I visited both the Wood Green Heydon & Godmanchester rescues yesterday too. They are on a very different scale & sadly whilst at Godmanchester I couldn't find anyone to ask for assistance, despite waiting in the reception for some time. In their defence though, it was very busy, as there appeared to be a dog show on, so perhaps that explains the lack of staff.
The staff at Heydon on the other hand were wonderful & I left after reserving Roo & Tigger.
Would have posted the picture of Roo doing his cute pose... but can't work out how too:cry:

I visited both the Wood Green Heydon & Godmanchester rescues yesterday too. They are on a very different scale & sadly whilst at Godmanchester I couldn't find anyone to ask for assistance, despite waiting in the reception for some time. In their defence though, it was very busy, as there appeared to be a dog show on, so perhaps that explains the lack of staff.
The staff at Heydon on the other hand were wonderful & I left after reserving Roo & Tigger.
Would have posted the picture of Roo doing his cute pose... but can't work out how too:cry:

Dam you, i wanted Tigger :lol: You must be the one who got their just before us. We travelled up from Norwich which surprisingly is not too far as expected. We got their brother Henery who we fell in love with immediately. he was the largest of the brothers but I understand they all should grow to be big buns.

Phil

We were pleased that Roo & Tigger had been reserved as it made choosing Henery a lot more easy. if we had to choose between the three brothers would have been so difficult as they are all beautiful.

Im sorry... I didn't see Henery at all... I wonder where he was? Perhaps they had put him to one side for you. Eeyore was also reserved when I arrived, so nabbed Tigger & Roo. :D Probably just as well as I couldn't have chosen between them all & I would have ended up with all 4! :lol:

Henery was put to one side as his brothers were picking on him. Once we get him home will will send you some pics of him. Did you see the giant lop they had? He was fantatstic but also reserved :cry:

Phil

Oh yes..... definitely a BIG bunny & absolutely gorgeous.... very huggable and such a beautiful coat. I only hope his new home works out as I was told this would be the second attempt to rehome him.
As beautiful as he is, I am over the moon with Roo & Tigger.
Please send me your pictures of Henery (or is it Henry?) when you can & I will do likewise once my pair are home.
Sadly we have to wait 7 - 10 days due to the arrival & installation of their palace, but it will be worth the wait :)

It is Henry (i'm having probs to spell today). What sort of set are you getting?

We are picking Henry up in two weeks time as the bunny we gonna bound him with needs time to get over her op.

I have always had house bunnies before, so wanted them to have a home from home & plumped for a playhouse. With time scales involved in ordering/delivery, it has all got out of hand :oops:
A local company contacted us last night to say they could supply from stock, so now we have an 8 x 8ft two storey with verandar arriving sometime next week. The neighbours will think we have lost the plot! (no children).
All orginal plans for run have gone out of the window, so now sourcing fencing & posts for their own garden. I feel a busy weekend ahead for OH :)
How about Henry & his new friend?

Back