• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cerys not eating/U/D dental on tues

Jayney

Mama Doe
Got up this morning to find Cerys not eating and sitting hutched up in the corner, i gave her some infacol and tummy rubs but she didint seem to improve. we have been to the emergency vets who seemed really knowledgable she has had metaclopramide and metacam injections and i have been given some fibreplex to give her for a couple of days.

the vet checked her teeth and said they were ok but it looked like a small ridge was starting to appear on on one of them-her mouth was fine no redness or damage.

since coming home she has eaten some dried raspberry leaves and is munching on quite a bit or hay and seems happy and lively.

now i have to get in touch with my vet this week, hope she doesnt need her teeth burring

Aw bless her.

Some rabbits are very sensitive to dental issues whilst others keep on eating with the most horrendous spurs, they seem to have different tolerances to pain.

If her teeth are starting to overgrow it would b best to get them sorted sooner rather than later, as if they are the cause it wont be long before this happens again.

Hope she continues to improve.

she is eating again now and seems happy enough

i will give my own vets a ring tomorrow and let them have a look and see what they think

cerys is booked in for a dental tomorrow.

the vet says the spurs are only very small and cerys must be very sensitive to pain:roll:

cerys is back home.

the vets said she was nibbling on some hay, she seems a bit dazed and has not really eaten much since coming home (had op at1.30)

Back