• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

megazorb not the same as usual

bunny_scabbit

Warren Scout
the latest bag of megazorb we have bought doesn't seem to be the same as usual.

it is not as soft and has a black gritty residue in it

has anyone else experienced this? and would you still use it?

yeah mine's got the black soot in too - maybe the kiln got a bit too hot? :? I sometimes have stones in it as well - no idea how they get in!

I got a bag some months back that I started to use and then found what looked like crushed breeze block in it. I didn't worry at first but then got further down the bag and it got very dusty and very grey in colour. I have dumped it. I didn't think that it would be safe because of the dust and because I had no idea what it was - may have been an irritant.

Maybe we should all contact them and see what they say?

i have just sent an email to northen crop about this as i went back to our supplier today and they opened another bag and it was the same.

i'll let you know what they say, if they reply

Just in case anyones interested, here's the reply:

In reply to your e-mail regarding the quality of the Megazorb you have received.

We have changed our production technique due to an enforced alteration in the fuel we use to dry the Megazorb.

The particles you have seen are a completely inert ash produced during the drying process.

We have noticed the particles and are trying to come up with a technique to minimize them as they do alter the appearance slightly.

They are an inert material and will do no harm to your rabbit.

Thank you for letting me know. I still don't think that I would use the bag I had as it was just so very dusty.

Back