• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do all rabbits stretch out when relaxing?

toadflaxbex

Warren Scout
I had a poorly bun this week, and because it was so cold over the last few nights I bought them in doors. Normally when i see my buns sleeping they hunch up in a ball next to each other. BUT these past couple of days i have seen them stretching out, legs stretch or tucked in. Normally I would have associated that with them having a bad belly... but am I worrying unnecessarily? Is it me seeing this now linked to not watching them normally 24/7 so not seeing how they relax. I guess the ppl with in door buns can answer this better.

With them both eating lots of hay and drinking I am not overly worrying but still there is that small nagging feeling so I would just love to know is it normal for them to stretch out.

Your thoughts would be great :)

Sounds like they are very happy and warm!!

Bobbin does this a lot :love:

2179021452_7048514052.jpg

There's a difference between being stretched out in pain, and stretched out relaxed - you'd recognise which one very easily.
Squidgy and Ruby often relax strertched out, whereas the other three tend to ball up.

They sort for flop when they're relaxed and look happy
If they're uncomfortable or in pain, they squirm more and lift their bottoms up. Usually accompanied by some loud teeth grinding.

Back