• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BBBRRRRRRR it's cold

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
poor babies! their waterbottle was frozen solid this morning! we haven't had a frost this hard for a long long time. i'm glad i shut them in the hutch, but they will insist on sitting in the run on the cold concrete :roll: when they've got the biggest pile of warm hay i bunny could want.

Oh yes, soooo cold today!

Water frozen and so were my hands once I'd been out to feed the rabbits!

It's very cold here aswell this morning.. Yesterday and today their bowls froze solid I was saying in another thread it's the first time since last winter the bowls have froze...

hi

Must admit it is so cold here im glad i bedded them down well yesterday and covered them over.No run for them today unless miricles happen and it gets warm.Does anyone know how long this cold snap is going to go on for?.

Beatrix and Normans was frozen too.we are in the South and this has not happened in about 7 years.We were planning to go to the beach today,perhaps not!:?

Jackie x

in glos for the weekend and it was damn cold here too. glad snowy and dora had lots of blankets and straw and were covered well. one of their two water bottles still froze bless them but they have warm ears so i knwo they werent cold! i always let them out frost or not to stretch their legs they do not sseem to have any probs with the grass dont seem to bother to try and eat it mainly stay on the patio/decking and go in and out thier cosy hutch! but it was very very cold last night wasnt it!"

Freezing here too, but no frozen water bowls. Never had this, but my hutch is in a very sheltered area close to the house and lots of covers and tarpauling.

Do wonder how the bunnies actually manage in this cold weather though cos its so cold!

Absolutely freezing here TOO! It once again makes me want to drive down the road and throw bricks at the big 'Welcome To The Sunshine Coast!' sign!!!:roll: :lol:

I banked everyone up with hay again at 1.00 this morning :)shock: :oops:!!!) after just having done it at 10.00 last night.....and was out there again at 5.00 this morning.....so I have escaped bottles freezing solid, thank goodness.

Timmy, Bertie, and Binky watched me and the outdoor buns from the kitchen window and had a little bunny giggle at us whilst they basked in warmth next to the radiator!!!:lol::lol:

My Bunnies Waterbottles were frozen this morning, but we had covered them so it kept them a tiny bit warmer. So I am going to PAH today to get a couple of those bottle warmers!

Nice heavy frost here too, makes the garden look all snowy.

No frozen water bottles thanks to bottle covers but Arthur has frosted whiskers after a mad mood dash up and down the garden :lol:. He was all snug last night in his cardboard box of hay. Today though I am going into town to buy him a fleecy cat igloo for him to sleep in.

Heavy frost here and weirdly, I had one frozen water bottle in the shed and the rest were fine. Even Peter's who is not in the shed was fine.:shock: But he does get an extra snuggly bed and a snugglesafe heat pad, so he's probably warmer than the shed buns.:lol: Fab day here now though the sun is gorgeous. Just wish it didn't still feel quite like the arctic though.:lol:

I can't WAIT for the warm weather, when I can take my lawn chair out and sit in the sun and watch the bunnies binkying about, nibbling the grass, and sunning themselves!!!!!:( :(

I can't WAIT for the warm weather, when I can take my lawn chair out and sit in the sun and watch the bunnies binkying about, nibbling the grass, and sunning themselves!!!!!:( :(

I am soooooooooo looking forward to that too. Trouble is I lose so much time watching them. But I love it!:D

Soo glad mine are house buns :D Went to clean out at the cat rescue this morning tho and my bucket of water froze! So cold! :(

Back