• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello from Australia

waschaf

Young Bun
Hi everyone :wave:

I am amanda , and have joined here to learn everything i can from you all about rabbits ..my daughters are looking to get one this year :).

This will be my first time in owning a rabbit so i look foward to reading up and learning all i can..

:) We do have rabbit societies, so i assume they would work through those .

I have only just started to look up breeders and on most sites they sometimes have older ones available so that is certianly worth while looking into when we finally make the move..

Hi :wave: Where in Australia are you? We went 2 years ago and loved it,people are so friendly and everywhere is beautiful.Hope to chat again :D

G'day! Welcome to RU!!!!! Hope you enjoy it and have lots of fun and learn at the same time! How exciting getting your first bunnies!!!! Good luck with the search! xx

Thanks for the welcome everyone ..

I live in the state of New south Wales in a town called Bathurst its a 3 hour drive over the blue Mountians from Sydney .. Not sure if we have motor car fans here but i live in the town of the famous v8 supercar race held at Mt Panorama..

We have been in serious drought in most of the states for a few years now but have been getting some much needed rain all over so very soon hopefully some of those severly effected areas will get a break..

I also show and breed pugs a hobby away from my human kids and i am married to a nurse at the local hospital . i look foward to getting to know you all better

I am really looking foward to looking and reading as much as i can on here and watch out for the questions i have always been taught no question is too silly when new to something but would rather have my info together than not at all..

G'day! Aww we went to the Blue Mountains for my sisters wedding. Her hubby is from Dubbo - do you know it? His brother runs Dubbo zoo.

Good luck with the information search for your daughters.

K x

Welcome to the forum, I'm off to Oz on the 15th March, but to Airlie Beach in QLD. I have been to the Blue Mountains before though. I'd be interested in finding out about rabbits in Oz - I thinking about emigrating (again - already held one residency visa) but I think I'd have to give up my two buns if I did cause I gather they cant be imported. That would be heartbreaking.

ahhh Dubbo yes that is two hours from me , i took my human kids to the zoo last year ...:)

Katoomba is about an hour away i recommend anyone coming to Oz to check it out the views are spectacular..

Laws vary from state to state in Queensland you are not able to keep them unfortunatly NSW is fine which is me so that is great.

Back