• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny age

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
I bought my bunny a while ago as a "8 week old youngster" but when I was speaking to a Netherland Dwarf enthusiast I was told that how *ahem* devloped he was means he is a lot older then I was told, now what I was told was rabbits do not show their testicles until they are about 14-16weeks old and the larger they are is an indication of old he is, now since these are very large I would like to know if you agree to this information??? I would really like to know if he is older then I think he is.

He might be, but he might be younger.

Development means nothing; unless you're a tree and you have rings! :shock::lol:

Small rabbits develop faster in general too. How old is he now? Eight weeks is quite young for testicles but 12 would be within average.

If only it was that easy, I did think he was older as he has seperation anxieties sometimes and I thought he might have been put to p@h for adoption and they thought he should be sold. It wouldnt really matter just helps whilst finding him a wife!!

They should definitely have them by 7-8 months.

Size isn't an indication of age. A read a study on wild rabbits and the more dominant rabbits had the largest testicles (irrespective of age).

Back