• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help Russel find a friend

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
I am reposting this thread!!!!!

I am still having problems with finding a lady nethie in Aberdeen (pulled his op forward poor gem)... I have spoken to any one and everyone... rehoming, pet centres, everywhere its so annoying, the only ones I can find are in England, and the o/h will only go as far as Glasgow... Any ideas? I am on waiting lists but really want to get her and spay her and get her settled in so they can be introduced properly. I have the space for her.

He will not accept a bigger girl, I tried it and he was having none of it!! He feels threatenedhas anyone else had this problem??

Please please please help!!!

is there any possibility of someone from England taking a bunny up to Glasgow?

Have you looked on preloved?

I have yes and all I found was a breeder in Stirling but I cannot get hold of them, I did post a thread that I have been offered a baby boy but am unsure whether to take the risk...??

hmmm... yeah definitely better to go for a rabbit that needs a home really. Two boys can be bonded if they're both neutered. But I dont think it always works - sure someone more knowledgeable will post soon.

Are there other people offering to rehome this other boy rabbit. Would he be better off with them? When you say young, how young do you mean? Can he be neutered? As I said, I dont know much about this, but I think you probably need to be careful cos you could end up with two injured bunnies.

It seems like you're rushing things a bit. I'm sure a suitable female will come up eventually - there are so many rabbits needing homes.

By young I mean very very young, he is tiny, no one else has offered him a home yet. They would rather he goes to me as when I may not be knowledgeable I take darn good care of them and they never want for anything. I give them thebest quality I can afford and they get out for a minimum of 5 hours every day. Thats what they said, that he would be going to a trustworty home!! Dont mean to big myself up but I would hope Russel and Rocky would say that if they could!?! Rocky bonded with a boy before I found out he was a boy... So that was an odd one!!

Well... There seems to be many people who have bonded boys which may help me persuade the o/h this is a huge possibility??? I need some arguments and some advice please??

Thank you!!!
x

I find bonding boys a lot easier than any other combination :D
I know that at present somewhere in Aberdeen is desperately looking for homes as they are inundated with rabbits :( Let me find out what I can.
I know all the fosterers are full as well and they can't get any more :(
I'll contact the person who knows about this:D

Back