• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Berties attempt to get a girlfriend.

JayUK

Mama Doe
Thanks for your wishes this morning, it's been au unusual day and I feel abit odd!
I'll just preface this by saying that Berts has only once been in the company of other rabbits, and when we got him, he was so timid and unapproachable, that it took us months to be able to touch him. We've spent the last year working really hard to make him a content friendly and relaxed bunny, and he so is....he's just forgotten that he's a bunny now:roll:

We Introduced him to Daisy, the blue Dutch, and he was very unsure, then decided that she wasn't for him, and went for her. We removed her asap, as she wasn't on top form anyway.
The next bun was a girl from a group of 4 sisters. He became quite scared during this introduction and kept coming to me. I got in the pen, and he jumped into my arms, and wouldn't leave (never before has he done this). I put him dow, calmed him and he jumped straight back into my arms and buried himself in me, obviously quite scared.

It was then that Sue told me that he'd already bonded (with me), and didn't need any other bun, after an hour of trying, wee called it a day, and brought the little mite home.
It's got me a bit emotional, I feel a bit guilty that we should have introduced him before this happened, but then, he took so long to become a friendly bun, that this seemed like the right time. I was really touched when he sought me for protection, and in my heart, I think Sue is right.
So for now, little Berts stays a single, slightly unsure of his identity bun, and we have a very clean flat with no new bun in it.

This was only for him, so i can't and don't feel disappointed, just very different about him now. I'll maybe feel abit more on a level tomorrow, but it's been a strange day!

Sorry i didn't have the happy news you were hoping for, but I still feel a resolution of sorts. I'll keep an open mind for now, as his needs may change as he gets older.

Many thanks for all the help and encouragement I recieved from some of you prior to today, it's meant loads.
I'm off to buy some bunny ears and start commincating properly :lol::lol:

Awwww well I have a couple of Buns who dont want to know other Rabbits but are devoted to me.
Bertie is obviously well bonded with you. If it aint broke why fix it !!
You can always have a rethink in the future but for now it sounds as though Bertie has you well wrapped around his paw :lol::lol:

Now, off you hop and eat your hay Jay !!

Janex :wave:

Awwww bless!, gorgeous Bertie loves his Dad!!:love::love::love:, that is so lovely and I agree not everybun wants another bun.

I should imagine it was very emotional for you, how lovely, I think you have done the right thing, bunny ears it is then Jay!!:lol:

Awwww Jay, that is so touching.... he really does love you! :D Not a bad result in a certain way and there's no reason why in a few months time you can't try again, but for now it seems he's just very content with you and I think that's lovely!

Nosey rubs to Bert for me - make sure he's knows I'm a human lady and not a rabbit one or he might turn his nose up at me!! :lol:

I don't think you need the ears Jay, nothing wrong with the communication so far, he sounds like a very contented bun with you around.:D

Oh bless his heart, that is SO sweet!!!!! :D :D :D It sounds to me like you are the ONLY one he wants or needs at the moment.....and it always brings a lump to my throat when I hear stories like this about buns being so strongly attached to their people. :love: :love: :love:

Back