• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cn anyone help? Again-Lol?

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Right, I need a new run for my buns, but it needs to attach to their playhouse. I have seen on eBay, man who makes customized runs (eg. the size you want) But for the size I want it would cost £565 to make and them £150 shipping:shock::shock:

So does anyone know of a run that I can atach to my playhouse, and that the buns have a lot of space to run around... as they would be in it all day!

Thanks Guys:wave:

Could you make one yourself? I made both of my buns' enclosures - very satisfying!

Well- Lol.:lol:

At the moment they have a homeade run:shock: My dad made it of Chicken wire, and brush handles. But to be homest its cr*p!

I just wanted a nice proper one for them?

I would really recommend making your own, I did with no previous woodwork experience and it was a challenge but it came out well and i felt really proud of myself afterwards. :D if you think about it they're quite simple so a good project to start on even if you havent any previous experience. mine is 8'x3' and cost maybe £60 or so to make - the mesh was quite expensive.

I would really recommend making your own, I did with no previous woodwork experience and it was a challenge but it came out well and i felt really proud of myself afterwards. :D if you think about it they're quite simple so a good project to start on even if you havent any previous experience. mine is 8'x3' and cost maybe £60 or so to make - the mesh was quite expensive.

I would need a 20ft x 9ft :shock:

Lol

HS can you come and make me one as you live in Lincolnshire lol we wont a decent run too.:lol:

:shock: Whereabouts are you in Lincolnshire?

If this helps, it's very easy to make panels using galvanised mesh and wooden frame.
DSCN0812.jpg

DSCN0816.jpg

This is Salt and Pepper's. It's 6' x 6' and 2.5' high - they're nethies:D

This is the base
DSCN0826.jpg

and the run
DSCN0854.jpg

Without lid, and inside
DSCN0840.jpg

And this is Bobby and Ruby's - 9'x6' x 3' high
DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0529.jpg

and the run
DSCN0854.jpg

I am hoping to make something similar to bolt onto the side of the wendy house conversion once it is finished - is the lid just fixed with bungee cords ? (excellent idea!)

What have you got on the floor for them.....it looks like cocoa mulch, but I can't use that cos of the dogs :(

I am hoping to make something similar to bolt onto the side of the wendy house conversion once it is finished - is the lid just fixed with bungee cords ? (excellent idea!)

What have you got on the floor for them.....it looks like cocoa mulch, but I can't use that cos of the dogs :(

Yep, bungee cords to hold the lid down, and they have bark chippings on the floor to cover the mesh. Ruby likes to dig as well, so it serves two purpose!

Back