• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't put my finger on what's wrong u/d 17/02 back from vet

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Ruby's not herself today. There's nothing physical that I can pinpoint. She's eating as normal, pooing - checked her over and there's no obvious cuts/ breaks etc.
She has a dull look in her eyes and is a little sluggish - she's usually my bright eyed bouncy one!
I've just made her run around the grass a little, but she's just not herself.
Bobby's been to the vet this morning to have his abcess drained, so maybe she feels a bit weirded out.
Whatever the case, could we have some bouncy vibes to my beautiful girl please.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm so worried about her, and Bobby as well. They're not cuddly buns though - so a cuddle would stress them out more (but would help me greatly!)

That knowing that something is wrong but not being able to put your finger on what is the worst feeling in the world :( Had it with Jen months before anything was diagnosed & it occupied my mind 24/7, Its awful - Obviously not saying anything awful is wrong with Ruby, but sending Vibes to her & Big hugs to you too :( XX

Thanks. She's sitting on the floor of the run, which is unusual - they usually sit on top of the hutch, but Bobby's with her, and I've just thrown a big pile of hay over them, which they are currently chomping their way out of.
I'll just keep my eye on her.

OK, so I've just been out to feed them adn Ruby just went to hide away.
Left them for a few minutes, nos sign of Rubes (extremely unusual!)
SO, tummy rubs, and some very diluted recovery, nice and warm, which she took readily. Her tummy feels fine.
I noticed some snot in her left nostril - cleaned it up - but wondering if that is what's bothering her. It's on the same side her small eye abcess was on (now cleared up), but I'm wondering if it's teeth related?
I'll keep monitoring her tonight and appropriate vet action if necessary.

Awww :( I hope she is ok. I don't know much about snotty noses so can't help there, I will send some healing vibes over though!

Keep us updated xxx

Thanks both of you.
I though it was Bobby who'd be the problem, as he's had his abcess drained today - but he's fine!

sending vibes, i had something similar with lils weds nite and its not nice so hope your bunny baby gets better soon x

Thank you
She was still under the hutch when I went to look, so prepared the meds. Went back and she was sat in the middle of a pile of hay eating:D. She's just had the remains of tea that I rescued from Bobby earlier, so ok for tonight.
I'll have a proper look at her in daylight tomorrow.
Thanks for the vibes.

Absolutely!
I did tell her she wasn't in trouble though, I was just glad to see her feeling better!

Back