• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sleep in eyes

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Rhia gets what I can only assume is sleep in the corners of her eyes, usually quite a lot of it & often it needs cleaning twice a day. Just wondering if its normal? X

Molly only gets a little droplet of sleep and I wipe it away, but I don't know if the amount you're saying is normal. Hopefully someone else can answer your question.

Bunnybekkie's buscuit has weepy eyes due to blockages in her tear ducts and they have to be flushed quite often...

lilly n moo onlyget a small amount of sleep once a day if that so im not sure either, sorry becki x

Thanks for replies girls, her eyes arent weeping or anything. Just concerned that she does get quite a lot of sleep in her eyes :? X

mine gets sleep in her eyes due to tooth roots that have grown right up into her skull. does she have any tooth/mouth problems that you know of?

mine gets sleep in her eyes due to tooth roots that have grown right up into her skull. does she have any tooth/mouth problems that you know of?

Pretty sure she doesnt :) She eats like a horse, is a good hay eater & was checked under GA in November when she was speyed (Obviously I know that anything could've happened between now & then but there was no sign at all of anything going on in her mouth). Very odd :? Shes had it for as long as I can remember, been meaning to ask for ages but thought about it today as im going to actually have to bathe them from now on because its really stuck fast to corner of her eyes atm & its hurting when I get it out. Hmm? X

alvin gets the sleep too.. lazy little man never seems to wash!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aww, Is it quite a bit of sleep he gets? Im paranoid I know :rolleyes: Hoping someone can come along & tell me its totally normal & to stop worrying X

he has a big blob usually in one eye most days.... he sleeps alot i think :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i was worried at first but we get it and dogs get it i cant see why buns would be different, i guess some groom better than others tho :shock:

Annie gets a tiny bit of eye sleep gunk in one eye every day which she lets me remove with my fingers. I've checked it with our vet and apparently its pretty common. Her teeth are all fine. :)

Back