• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch company

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Hi,
The hutch i got along with Tilly who i rehomed 2 weeks ago is a 6ft hutch and run from the happy hutch company, Just wondering if any of you have their hutches, just a bit baffled at why there is no sleeping compartment????
I have put a pet carrier in the hutch full of straw and hay, just incase she needs a comfy bed to retreat to (not that i ever see her in it) She prefers to sleep on top of it on some comfy carpet.
Just wondering if your hutches are the same and what do you do for a bed area.
X thanks

I have their 6' hutch and it came with a divider to make a sleeping compartment. did it say on the instructions that there should be one? :?

:? pretty sure it should have a divider, maybe the previous owners didnt install it or something? it wouldnt be hard to make one though. happy hutch dividers are a bit flimsy anyway.

I wondered that too :shock:

I also wondered why mine arrived untreated

I am happy with mine but wish i had bought a Lavender Lodge for Pets at home

How long should the Happy Hutch last?would it last a rabbits life time do you think?

Jackie x

I wondered that too :shock:

I also wondered why mine arrived untreated

I am happy with mine but wish i had bought a Lavender Lodge for Pets at home

How long should the Happy Hutch last?would it last a rabbits life time do you think?

Jackie x

did you not have a bed room compartment with yours either???
Yes mine also doesn't look treated at all, I will be treating it when it gets warmer though,

No it doesnt have a bedroom just a wooden door on the left for privacy.when it arrived it wasnt treated at all and hubby wouldnt let me use it until he had stained it which took 2 days:?:(

After spending all that money i saw the Lavender Lodge which i preffered,but now i will have to wait:(

Jackie x

ahhhh it sounds the same as mine, the last door is wood for privacy. I am using a pet carrier at that end but turned around the other way for privacy,so she can walk up the side of it and into it at that end (if ya get what i mean) just to keep out draughts, I don't think she is used to having a bed there though, don't think her last owners gave her a bed area.
I will have to stain it on a nice day, but not sure how I'm gonna manage it if she has to go back in it. I'll work something out

my happy hutch came with a rectangular piece of plywood which hardly sepated the bedroom area, so i bought a piece of plywood cut to 2x2 with a 6x6 inch hole cut in for a bunny sized doorway which makes it much more snug and secure.:D

Back