• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies in love - with question

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Here are a couple of pics of poppy and guinness snuggling on top of their run shelter. For once I got home from work in the daylight so spent lots of time outside scrubbing out their hutch and just watching them play. They are so sweet, they follow each other everywhere and if one of them jumpes ontop of the hutch the other one immediately does the same and they sit together being all cute.

My question is, after the initial bonding process, does the bond of a pair deepen further? Because when they were initially bonded they seemed to pretty much ignore each other for a few weeks and now they're all loved up.

lurve2.jpg

lurve.jpg

Most definitely :D A lot of new bonds are still 'tolerating' each other when they go home, it can take 3-4 weeks for some of them to realise the love of their life has arrived :lol:

Yey that's so cool :D they never fought or owt like that but they did seem a bit indifferent, seeing them all snuggly has made my day. (also sorrel is eating herbs out of my mum's hand which has cheered me up too as it made her happy, she's not allowed pets of her own.)

*sings happily*

Salt and Pepper are the most closely bonded bunnies I've had. They do literally everything together, and are never apart.
Bobby and Ruby spend some time apart, and were only tolerant of each other to start with, but the get close all the time, and love snuggling up now.

awwwwwww ....i love posts like this:D:D

lucky , lucky guiness :D:D

im soooo glad they are all loved up :love: i knew he was a special bunny :D

he is a darling trusting inquisitive little poppet. :D i love how the look of slight outrage never leaves his face and how he likes to take naps with poppy and how the bit of hair behind his ears sticks up and makes him look like a punk rocker :love: i need to update my signature actually but i have to get my sister to show me how to use photoshop!

Awww made me laugh the pic on top of the hutch :love::love:
With all my buns their bond has developed over time, okay with all my buns their first bonding has gone well :) but over weeks,months that's when their bond has really developed :D

the hutch is full of straw to help them keep warm but all they want to do is sit on the roof! :shock: thats so cool how the bond develops with time, I had no idea.

A few of my pairs were 'love at first sight' cases......but some of them have also been 'Okay-I'll-tolerate-you-if-I-MUST!' cases. But these tolerance cases have all become VERY close over the course of time, and are now as loved-up as the love at first sight ones!:D :D

Your bunnies are GORGEOUS, and I am very happy for you that their bond is continuing to deepen!:D :D :D

Back