• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lavendar Lodge

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Okay the pets at home site isnt up yet, so i guess this applies to people who know the hutch size, if they have one etc

Sum1 i know was told by a rescue that a Lavendar lodge is not big enough for two dwarf lops. Now peanut is a dwarf lop, jelly isnt but shes the same size....and they have one of these. In your opinion....do you think their hutch is too small? because to be quite honest i dont think its too small at all!:?

I am no expert but I would have though it was big enough. Its 6ftx2ftx2ft which is the min recommended size. I saw one today and it looked a nice size. My only cripe with them is that the hutches in there aren't well built and you'd have to do some additional DIY to toughen it up.

oh yeh we had to put some wood on the bottom of the door within a wek cus they chewed it, i just mean size wize, i thought it was a good hutch for my babies, n now im not sure, just makes me feel rubbish thinking a rescue wudnt rehome to this hutch...

theoratically speaking, say *touches wood* i lost one of them and had to get a new friend, would a rescue rehome to this hutch with a 7ft by 5 ft run not attatched? (im just wondering i i personally WOULD pass a homecheck)
this has worried me that th ehutch isnt good enough for my babies

I think its 5' isn't it? :? I would view that as ok for two medium sized bunnies who had lots of time in the run. i know the min is supposed to be 6' but i also know rescues who will pass a 5'. while i appreciate the value of space for bunnies i dont think its always essential to be *that* particular over a foot or so....someone is going to slate me for that I expect ;)....but people are always going to have different opinions over what is acceptable or not.

I have one and has a trio, one small dutch, a mini-lop and a dwarf lop x living in it very comfortably. IMO its plenty big enough for a pair of Dwarf Lops.

The hutch is very sturdy, my two issues are the spacing on the mesh (but it is nice and strong) and the stupid little bolts which snap off :?

ETA- Im not 100% sure which is the lavender lodge and which is the thistle hall?

I have one and has a trio, one small dutch, a mini-lop and a dwarf lop x living in it very comfortably. IMO its plenty big enough for a pair of Dwarf Lops.

The hutch is very sturdy, my two issues are the spacing on the mesh (but it is nice and strong) and the stupid little bolts which snap off :?

ETA- Im not 100% sure which is the lavender lodge and which is the thistle hall?

thistle hall is d ouble levels, Lavlodge is one floor

i jus was a bit suprised by this because while happy hutch are better value etc etc etc, i thought the LL was still a good hutch, n i think its perfectly fine for 2 swarf lop sized buns

would you rehome two buns to this type of hutch?
maybe the woman at this rescue didnt realise which one it is, because she said pets at home etc so she probably thought 'no' straight away cus 90% of them are stupidly small

I am going through the application at the moment to get Arthur a partner and I have been approved with a 5ftx2ftx2ft hutch which would house the two of them (two lops) because the run they would have is very large. I think that most rescues are willing to hear people out when it comes to hutches over 5ft as long as the run is good as well.

I think it is an excellent sized hutch and i think it is £99.I wish now i had got that one.It is really tall as well

Jackie x

I have one LL for Bert (bun) and a TH with attached run for the five piglets.
I really like them, although as someone mentioned the bolts are rubbish.

what i like about this one is goes back about 2 ft and is quite high aswell, my bunnies love theirs :lol:

Hi Guys, im going to buy one of these hutches tomorrow. I have looked around on all websites. My concern with ordering a hutch from a website was that i could not actually see it there and then. I have been to a lot of pets shops too and was disgusted with the way some of them were made. Not secure and big gaps on the floors. Anyway I saw that someone said the bolts were rubbish. We was at pets at home last week and we noticed the bolts on there were missing and thought some sad git had nicked them!! oops! My bun is a dwarf lop but he's massive so i guess he will fit in there just nicely. Has anyone have the run thats attaches to both lavender lodge and thistle hall. I asked the guy in there last week how you attatch it (as it was not clear as there were no hook and eyes) he said you just push it up against the hutch. I know this is not secure but he did look like a bit of a dim wit so does any one know if there is a secure way of attaching it, i will make it more secure anyway but just wondered. oh and sorry to ramble on!! :roll:

I have one (It was donated brand new), We put smaller mesh on the inside of the doors, It is plenty big enough but to me the quality isn't up to much as when it gets wet the doors become really stiff and the tongue & groove starts opening.

Ive found the wood on the TH isnt strong and anybun has a good chomp, had to reinforce it :shock:

I have 3 of them & apart from the crappy bolts think they`re pretty good. The only thing i`ve found is that if they`re not in a sheltered position the rain leaks in the back where the roof hinges are.

Su.x

p.s. I also have 2 dwarflops living in one, though they do have a large run to go out in during the day.:)

Back