• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Rabbits Pets At Home Christchurch Dorset

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
THE SAME TWO AGOUTI GIANTS WHO HAVE BEEN IN MY LOCAL STORE SINCE CHRISTMAS ARE NOW TWICE THE SIZE AND WHEN I WENT IN THEY WERE HUMPING EACH OTHER.THEY ARE £125 EACH,NOT SURE WHAT SEX THEY ARE THOUGH.THEY HAVE HUGE HUTCHES FOR £150 IN THERE BUT THE NOTICE SAYS THAT THEY WOULD BE BEST IN A SHED.I AM SURE THESE BUNS MUST BE AT LEAST 5 MONTHS,IF THEY REDUCE THE PRICE ON THEM THEN THEY MAY GO TO THE WRONG HOME.IT HAS REALLY UPSET ME,SEEING THEM.HOW ARE THEY GETTING THE ATTENTION,TO GET THEM USED TO HUMAN CONTACT??ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME.I HAVE 3 BUNNIES OF MY OWN AND DO NOT HAVE SPACE TO TAKE THEM.WHERE ARE PETS AT HOME GETTING THESE RABBITS FROM?:cry::cry:THEY ALSO HAVE 2 DUTCH MALES IN THE ADOPTION CENTRE BIT WHO ARE GETTING TOO OLD TO MIX WITH THE BABIES AS THEY DIDNT SELL.THE NOTICE SAYS THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO LIVE TOGETHER BUT WILL NEED TO BE NEUTERED

JACKIE X

Last edited:
At least while these two are still un-sold the shop won't be taking in any more. Not very good for these particular buns, I know, but hopefully they won't stock giants again after this.
These poor rabbits loss might be to the good of many more. Let's hope.

Yeah same with the 2 in derby p@h they have been there for ages, they have reduced them to £75, There both brown and very big already, There next to the cute baby's who are mainly fluffy and white. So i am guessing that's why they have not sold

Lets just hope pets at home realise buns arent selling as well and stop it altogether.
These poor buns, i really hope someone will come along and give them a loving home xx

I have seen a lot of giants in PAH stores, they're just too expensive for most people. There was a gorgeous agouti in one I saw getting lots of attention but everyone looking commented on the price.

My local Notcutss do neuter their bunnies if they haven't been rehomed and spray and hump each other.

My local Notcutts do neuter their bunnies if they haven't been rehomed and spray and hump each other.

i think deep down its the price, if sum1 wants a giant they can easily look on free ads etc n get them for £50-£70, so nobody is going to pay £125, my pets at home has had the ame one since october. hopefully they will realise theyr enot selling and not stock them anymore

At the minute I am in talks with giants at pets at home. I will let you know the outcome.

You are right that they do not get excercise, human contact and correct amounts of hay. :roll:

Back